Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Katy took a seat next to Wesley for obvious reasons and I took a seat next to her for obvious reasons as well. I composed myself. Honestly, I was sinking in my chair and was hardly noticed after a few minutes. Cook hasn't even glanced at me once. Kent, on the other hand, hasn't stopped glancing at me every few seconds. When the fuck are the pizzas coming so that I can eat and get the fuck out of here? They ordered three large pizzas; pepperoni, vegetarian, and Hawaiian. I will just like to say that I volunteer to eat all of it by myself but I don't think that would be much appreciated given that I'm already the black sheep in this club.

I watched as Katy and Wesley interacted with the others and with each other. And then I watched as Amanda - Kent's first ex - made advances on him. And then I watched as Ashton made advances on Jane - the girl Kent made out with at the party as a dare. Viana - the other girl from the party - was there too. She had all eyes on Cook or Jane. I honestly can't tell. The sexual tension in here is really rising and it's suffocating me. Too many raging teenage hormones - mine exclusive, not really. Can't wait to have a moment to myself with my one true bae: pizza.

Once we all savagely finished our pizzas, Katy and I headed to the the girl's room minus the other girls. Bless us. I don't know who they hate more me or Katy?

"What the hell? Did you know they were going to be here too?" I questioned her accusingly.

"Not precisely. But I figured this shit might happen since they're all friends and on the soccer team. Look this is our last year. I can't help that Wesley is new and super friendly with everyone. Let's just play nice and avoid conflict," she said sincerely.

"Fine. You're right," I sighed because she really was. I can't whine about not having friends when I complain at each instance Katy is trying to integrate me with her other friends.

She smiled at me through the bathroom mirror. I stuck out my tongue.

"You're never right. It's just this once," I justified.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She exited the washroom.

I gave myself a quick pep talk in the mirror and fixed my hair, I would've at least have it down if we were going to eat in front of them. Fuck it I'll keep it up in my ponytail, I'm not impressing no one. Here's an effective pep talk.

Once I sat back down on my seat, I felt a new calm trough the group which made me feel immediately self-conscious of my hair of all things. I thought we were waiting for the waiter to come with the bill but it turns out it was taken care of in our absence. This honestly makes me uncomfortable too because I prefer paying for myself but I won't make a fuss about it because that would be awkward. This whole lunch out is awkward. I hate the word awkward. My life's awkward. Crap. I'm awkward.

"Sav. Hello earth to Sav," a voice called out to me.

"Huh?" I looked at Katy.

"We're going to go grab some ice cream at the parlor," she informed.