Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Forty-One

It was Thursday afternoon, of the next day and I was at Katy and I's locker. She had gone already to go see her manager. Kent didn't have practice today so we were going to hang out.

On my way to his locker with my winter jacket and school bag I'm intercepted by Cook.

"Slow down there snowman."

I glared at him. I was wearing mittens and a hat as well. I didn't do well with the cold.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I need you to come with me?"

"What? Why? Where?"

"Just come with me. It's urgent love."

I hesitated.

"Just come with me. No questions."

I was going to debate but Cook cut me off once more. "I'll answer your questions if you come with."

I followed him out the school, ducking my head as not to be seen, as we made our way to his car.

"So..." I started.

"Get in the car Savannah and then ask your questions."

I bit my lip. "Geez. Bossy much?"

Did I just call Cook bossy?

He laughed. "And you don't have an ounce of patience in your body."

I rolled my eyes. It was true but that wasn't his business.

Before I got to ask, he revved his engine and started to explain.

I got a message from Kent, who was asking where I was. I told him that Katy had an emergency so I had to go home with her. A lie. It wasn't Katy that was having an emergency but I wasn't going to mention Cook either.

"We're going somewhere where you'll get your inspiration and motivation for the end of your script."

I was gaping at him and he was smug. It's as if he knew how I'd react before I did. I didn't know where we're going. The possibilities were endless. Quite frankly anything could inspire me but I felt that Cook had something specific in mind as we switched onto major highways.

I didn't ask questions as I was engrossed by the view and all the sights surrounding us, we were making our way into New York City. At this point, I didn't want to know I just wanted to be surprised for once.