7. Victories

The battle didn't start for half an hour.

But I am a unique guy. I don't get nervous in front of a crowd.

"Thanks, everyone, but I guess that my presence should not stop this... game. Let's continue."

Everyone fidgeted nervously.

"Apollo," Wolfram told me, "No one can raise their heads in front of the king-"

"What?" I asked. "Please cancel this law now."

Wolfram was about to protest, but then he thought better of it. "Sure."

Everyone cheered.

"Let's start, shall we?"

And then the real rampage started. Swords, shields, arrows, guns and weapons struck each other. Almost everywhere the battle was going on, except in two places, my emblem and another one.

I landed in front of the other emblem. No one was there. Like my emblem bore the picture the cosmic thunder crown, this one held the picture of half spear and half sword like a lethal weapon. The emblem was unguarded. But I was aware of traps. The place was heavily guarded and someone was targeting me. I looked up as I sensed movement. No one was there. I went for the only unguarded way towards the emblem. As soon as I touched the emblem, a girl jumped in front of me and threw a spear in my direction. I managed to avoid the strike, but when I looked forward, no one was there. I concentrated on the noise.

Suddenly the girl appeared again in front of me. She struck, but I was quick. I dodged her strike. I just got up in time so I saw her turning invisible.

Ok. I have to defeat an invisible girl. Suddenly I noticed the chlorine-like gas moving. I waited. She was right behind me, with her spear indirect strike range. Suddenly I turned and struck with my crown, which had retained its form. The strike was so hard that she staggered backwards. I struck again this time on the emblem pole. I carried the emblem off.

"Scared of me, right?" The girl asked and chuckled.

I turned and walked towards her. I offered her my hand to get up. She stood up herself.

"Challenge?" I asked.

"Yes. And unless you are scared."

I didn't reply.

She struck first and I ducked. She tried to get behind me but I struck with my weapon. A shield appeared on her hand out of nowhere. She deflected my weapon.

Anytime now would be good. I thought.

As if on cue, my cosmic thunder appeared in my hand. I can't help smiling. I struck.

She dodged my strike and brought her spear on my head. I sliced at the bottom part of the spear as the sparks came on my face. I closed my eyes and sent out a lethal kick at the same time. She stumbled backwards.

"You are a fine fighter, my lord. But no one has ever defeated my team."

"Let's change the history," I replied.

"Oh yeah?" A new voice asked from behind.

I looked back. For a second, I knew I was going to die. Another girl stood there, probably the sister of my opponent. She was taller and had the same blue eyes like her sister's. She held a sword whose backend was a spear, exactly like the mark, except the fact that this thing radiated nuclear energy. She struck first, spinning her weapon, in such a way that I was flabbergasted. She spun her blade while striking, and as soon as I dodged, she brought her sword from upside. I kicked her elbow and she momentarily lost her weapon with her balance.