8. Mission impossible

Wolfram was speaking so urgently, that I decided to leave.

"Sorry, wartime," I told Christine.

"Then you will need me."

I smiled, "Of course."

I offered her my hand, but she refused.

"I have my ride." She said and whistled.

"Apollo__ we..we..need to..to leave." Wolfram stammered.

"Umm... okay."

I don't know how, but the next moment I was in some small circular chamber, with technology all around me, with glass windows. It seemed like the whole thing was made up of metal. In the centre sat wolf king, my father, my grandfather and Leo. Just as I landed, Christine appeared on a four-legged dragon-like thing with her heavily metallically bandaged sister.

"So, Apollo," wolf king spoke first. "How do you fell about a rescue mission. Like a test?"

"The last thing I wanted," I muttered under my breath. "Fine. Give me details."

"Your mission is to go to east transoid, outside this hut. Stop Saffric's minions there. They are planning a massacre. Stop them."

"Am I getting at least a team?"

"Yeah. You and Christine with wolfram and a spaceship only. For the best, you could take your favourite weapons with armours. You three are leaving tomorrow."

I could see a spark in Christine's eyes.

"I guess I can't or should not say a no."

"Yup."

"But the thing is, who is the general or head of this massacre?"

"Cleander."

"Is that some new sort of name?"

"Nope."

"What resources does he have?"

"According to my spies," Christine told me, "at least 5000 guys, including demons, a few creatures we don't know about, plus a lot of weapons and air defences."

"Any safe land route?"

"None that we know of."

"Great. Do these people sleep at night?"

"That's the time they are planning the massacre."

"What's the plan?"

"You, Christine and Wolfram will work on it." Wolf king told me.

"We will leave tonight," I announced.

"They know that!" Christine told me.

"And who exactly told you that?"

"Its military intelligence. That's the time they will expect you the most."

"Ok. Then day it is."

"Listen, Apollo, wolf king has set me to the defence staff. And according to me, they will most likely follow you. So if they do that, send us some sort of signal." Leo told me.

"Sure. Just stay ready every time. Even now." I told him.

And, I will not hesitate to confess that Leo was a born player of words even better than me. He smiled slyly and nodded.

"Great. So let's discuss. Is there some map or something?"

"Go to your room. You will find things there." Wolf king told me.