4. Mosquito Phobic

"RUN!" I screamed.

"I ALREADY AM RUNNING!"

"FASTER!"

"I CAN'T!"

The killer mosquitoes were closing upon us.

"FLY!" I screamed.

"I CAN'T FLY WITH SOMEONE ON MY BACK!"

"LOOK! THERE'S A CLIFF! GO THERE AND GLIDE!"

"WE WILL ONLY FALL!"

"OPEN YOUR WINGS WHILE YOU ARE ON IT!"

He was about to turn but I kicked on his back and we fell together.

"OPEN YOUR WINGS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DIE!"

He seemed to understand that. On the last second, he spread his wings and somehow managed to maintain his balance. He somehow managed to gain altitude.

YOU ARE INSANE AND AWESOME. He spoke in my mind.

YOU TOO. AND THANKS FOR PROTECTING ME.

THANKS TO YOU FOR TEACHING ME HOW TO FLY.

I smiled and together we flew into the dark clouds.

****

The master.

I was thinking about that name but was unable to find an answer. I was finally dared to ask a mind question.

HEY, WOLFRAM. DO YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW THIS MASTER?

He shuddered. YOU WILL KNOW.

That left me more confused than ever.

Soon we saw a small cottage made up of twigs with a small wooden door. I remember last seeing these type of houses in the museum 30 years ago and my great-grandpa telling me that they had these types of houses about 800 years ago in some underdeveloped countries.

Wolfram left me (after a sandstorm, of course) in front of the steps.

I WILL BE BACK INA SECOND WITH YOUR GRANDPA.

"Sure," I replied.

Now, what could I do? I stood there and waited.

It was cold there and I was shivering. But I didn't mind. What I noticed was the strange thing was that there were no windows in this house, which seemed a bit strange. Doesn't it suffocate? Suddenly, a man poked out his head. He was old and had wrinkles all over his face. He had small eyes and was extremely fat, all if he had just eaten all the day's food for ten people alone. And (you guessed it) he was still popping food at an amazing speed.

He spoke with a gruff voice: "VISITORS!"

I thought that as a good sign.

"Um.... I am Mr Crimson's son__"

"We know!! You want to wait for your father or--"

"I'll wait." I didn't know why I said that, but his 'or' extension worried me.

"Good. Want some food?"

"No thanks." He was popping food so fast in his mouth that I was uncertain he will give it to me.

"Sure!" And he ran off.

After a few minutes, I started to regret my decision.

It was getting cold and there was no sign of grandpa. Either he had slept in the way or he was trying to dodge the mosquitoes.