16. Toppling Towers

"We both have to jump," I told her. "You jump from there. Cleander and Leander will catch you. I am going to jump from here. I will ensure the tower fell on the enemy soldiers"

"The tower will also fall on you then. I am not going to leave you." She replied.

"You have to!"

"No."

"On 1 we will jump." I finally sighed and said.

"What?"

"1!"

Before she could argue, I jumped, taking her with me.

I took out an overheated Bose-Einstein condensate sword and managed to bury it in the glass, melting it and adding our weight. The tower started leaning according to my plan.

I found another weapon hologram person and with all my force, I caused a super explosion to clear the hologram.

Mistakes.

The tower started toppling even faster. I knew that now was our only chance. With all my force, I pushed Christine inside the glass and jumped in myself. I almost reached the edge, but I skidded backwards.

Christine hung to the other side desperately.

"Christine! Jump!" I screamed.

"I am not going to leave you!" She screamed back.

If it wasn't for her stubborn nature, I won't be writing this autobiography.

With all my energy (Which wasn't much), I jumped. I somehow managed to grab the pillar.

"Jump!" I screamed to Christine.

She rolled her eyes and looked below. With the expression on her face, I knew she was getting sick.

"I know," I told her.

Below me, there was an almost-fallen tower, enemy army and Leander and Cleander. Plus, a height of about two thousand meters.

"We have to."

She nodded. "No point arguing with you."

And we jumped.

Okay, I have recently had a lot of jumps, but this was way too different.

Enemy army below me. No support. Extremely high. Someone falling with me. Chances of survival, too negligible to explain.

Simply great.

To survive this fall, I needed her help. I grabbed her other hand.

"Christine, listen to me. To survive this fall, there is only one way. Don't panic. I am going to ask you to do something on which my life depends. If successful, we will live. If not, then I will die."

She nodded slowly.

We were literally smoking when she did as I asked.

She turned the lowermost ring and we started falling just too slow. Our minds reacted faster than time. Everything around was going so slowly, that I was unable to believe my eyes.

I closed my eyes and tried not to think about what will happen if my plan goes wrong.

I finally had the courage to look down.

Below me, where we were going to fall was a huge lake filled with fresh water.

I spun the watch again and we fell with normal speed. I created an air bubble just before we entered the water.