10. #Alive and (almost again) dead

Not dead. Thanks for asking.

I woke up and tried to open my eyes. I was unsuccessful.

The blast's pain shook my every organ and I felt that if a Ritcher's micro-scale was attached, it would have been unsuccessful to find the end of the readings. 

It felt like a thousand injections were toying with my stomach(experienced). Like a thousand bullets have entered my body(ok, maybe not a thousand, but the experience was a 1000 times worse than 1 bullet).

I came into half my senses(come to transoid and you will know what I mean).

I felt someone pawing my hand and someone weeping very badly nearby.

"Hey, don't cry," Wolfram told the crying voice. "I know him. He will wake up any moment and scream surprise!"

I did as wolfram thought I would, just instead of surprise I screamed Oww so hard that even wolfram would have jumped out of his skin.

Actually, I tried to sit up, but it seemed like I had a zillion broken bones.

Wolfram immediately jumped on me and started licking my face. Christine hugged me without minding my broken right arm.

I wanted to scream again, but I didn't. The thing was, that I was happier about the fact that my friends were alive.

"If you will ever do something that stupid, then I will personally break your leftover bones," Christine told me.

But I was thinking about something else. Christine hated physical contact. She didn't even shake hands with me. Then how did I came up from the water when I drowned? And why was she hugging me then?

Then I heard running footsteps.

Wolfram didn't seem to mind, but Christine got up. Her face was completely black, except a few lines on her cheeks, which I guessed were because of tears. Though she was smiling, tears still fell from her eyes, which made me feel guilty.

"I am sorry," I told her. "But I did not want to put your life in danger."

She laughed. "Danger is what I live for, Lord Apollo."

Suddenly, the doors burst open, and a huge crowd of people came in.

"What did I missed?" I asked while I stroked wolfram's ears.

"72 hours," Christine replied as everyone appeared in front of my bunk.

"What?"I asked.

"Apollo, get well soon! Because-" Leo said, trying to sound angry. But I knew him as well he knew me. I winked, and he stopped his sentence, started crying, and hugged me.

"Oh my gosh, you all are saying like I really died."

"Umm, you did Apollo." Wolf king stepped out of the crowd. "If it wasn't for Christine's and wolfram's abilities..." He let that threat hang in the air.

"Thanks," I told them.

"It's ok, but the thing is, you must rest now, ok?" Christine told me.

" I don't want to sit here and watch things go on. I want to correct things."

"We could help you with that," Grandfather said. He was standing in the middle of the crowd with my father.

"Father!" I screamed.

"Yeah son, it's me. You know, you're like us, so we won't stop you. (I am pretty sure he meant daredevil) Plus, I am assured that you are been taken care of." He glanced at Christine. "We can manage some of the responsibilities. That will give you your correction time." He made air quotes at the word correction.