Ch.23: Tower of Heaven (Part 5)

Sho watched in disbelief the sword's dance. That clash was inhumane. At every clash, a gust of wind pushed him back.

Were they really human? Sho understood finally why Simon trusted the Fairy Tail Mages. Their strength was overwhelming to the point that even someone like Jellal would have difficulty defeating them, and the two in front of him were on the same level of the Ten Wizard Saints.

However, Sho knew that even the last two warriors hired by Jellal were strong, especially the knight who wore a silver armour

Sho swallowed nervously. That was a clash between Heroic Spirits, heroes from Yuto's world. He picked up the fear and forced his body to act, escaping to the nearest exit.

Yuto watched Sho leave. Gareth pushed her spear forward, taking advantage of the moment of distraction; however Yuto moved slightly back, grabbing the spear. He yanked Gareth towards him and hit her violently in the face with an elbow, causing her to blow off the helmet she was wearing.

"Heavenly Dragon's Sidereal Fist!"

Gareth tightened her teeth, enduring the pain, as she watched Yuto running towards her. She moved the large shield in front of her, taking the hit but the impact pushed her back destroying the shield as if it were drywall.

"Stay down," Yuto said as he had the tip of Excalibur Morgan an inch from Gareth's throat.

"Gawain told me you were skilful," Gareth said, "if King Arthur were here, I'm sure he would knighted you instantly."

Yuto gnashed his teeth. King Arthur would never come. She had died to save him from Gilgamesh and Morgan.

"What drove you to become Jellal's lackeys?" Yuto asked, "you are heroes, so why do you collaborate with a Dark Mage like Jellal?"

"Because we are knight. When we woke up, we supposed that other Knights and even King Arthur were summoned in this world," she replied and Yuto was surprised, "we met a woman who told us she had met a Pendragon, but he had died many centuries ago"

"And Jellal?" Yuto asked further, "what role does he play in this story?"

"We met him as we faced a dark guild. He told us of his plan and hired us as his knights," Gareth said, "In exchange for our loyalty, Gawain secured my safety and then Martha's"

Yuto grunted. Mordred told him how much Gawain was attached to his family, especially Gareth. He and Yuto looked alike in this. What he did not accept, however, was that Gawain only contracted Gareth and Martha's protections, excluding Mordred.

Yuto lifted his sword. Gareth closed her eyes, not enduring the bloodshed. But even though she was about to die, Gareth would have died like a knight.

However, Yuto merely inflicted a wound on her right shoulder, so that she was no longer able to lift her weapon. Gareth's left hand was broken when Yuto hit the shield.

"King Arthur will not return," he said stoically, "and the fault is mine."

Gareth observed perplexed Yuto. This latter statement had confused her enormously.

Yuto turned to Mordred who was fighting fiercely against Gawain.

If King Arthur was the night, then Sir Gawain was the day, bearer of the sister-sword of Excalibur, Excalibur Galatine. A loyal knight who wished King Arthur to prosper as king.

"You are the main cause of Camelot's fall and King Arthur's death," Gawain accused Mordred, "your lust for power led you to break your oath to the King."

Even towards his enemies, Gawain never insulted his enemies, facing them with courtesy and maintaining his fighting spirit and resolute even when the opponent lacked ability. It was different this time. Although Mordred was his sister, she was one of the causes of the fall of Camelot.