Ch.17: From Hell (Part 03)

Natsu Dragneel could not accept this. He could not accept that Yuto had received permission to do S-class quest.

What bothered him was not that Yuto would become an S-Class Mage before him. There was no need to know that Yuto would be one of the candidates to take the exam.

What bothered him was that Yuto had asked permission to take an S-Class job from the master while being always denied to him. Natsu's protests were useless because he was always put to sleep by the Master or Erza.

"Are you sure about this, Natsu?" Happy flew next to the Pyromaniac friend.

"Of course," Natsu responded enthusiastically, "Gramps forbids us from taking an S-class job, but he never said anything about joining another mage."

Natsu and Happy left very early that morning. Doing so, the Fire Dragon Slayer would have plenty of time to recover from the motion picture. Since it was an S-Class Job, Natsu had to be at his best to complete the job.

"And do you think Yuto will just accept that?" Gray asked doubtful.

Natsu was not the only one who had the idea to join Yuto. Gray, Erza and Lucy had also thought of this. Well, Lucy was simply thrown out of bed by Natsu against her will.

It was not that they had decided unanimously to reach Yuto. They had simply met at the Magnolia railway station.

"He never will, so let's go home," Lucy protested nervously. The last time their punishment was terrible, and she did not want to repeat it again.

However, Lucy was ignored by both Natsu and Gray who had already begun to quarrel. In fact, they had done so since Magnolia, interrupted only during the journey.

"Stop it, you idiots!" Erza roared loudly.

Natsu and Gray were so terrified that they became docile as puppies.

"First we have to find him," Erza took a deep breath knowing that it would not be easy to find him and Mordred.

The city was really big, and the streets were crowded with people. It wouldn't have been easy at all and Natsu's developed sense of smell would have been useless either. There were too many scents mixing in the air.

"Do we even know what kind of work he took?" Gray asked.

"If I'm not mistaken, it required to investigate a series of crimes in the city," Happy replied.

"Seeing how he operated in Galuna and against Phantom Lord, he will look for as many clues as possible and then create a plan to ensure him the victory," Lucy added and everyone agreed on this.

Erza assumed a thoughtful expression. If she wanted to look for clues about the murders, what would be the first place to visit?

Normally the choice would have affected the places where the victims had been found, but probably they would have already been cleaned by the police. It was then that Erza had an enlightenment.

"Let's go!" she ordered on her way.

"Where are we going to?" Lucy cried.

"To the morgue!" Erza answered.

----------------------

It was late morning and Makarov wanted to discuss something with Rin, Yuto's foster mother. It was about work. It was a private matter that no other mage needed to hear. For this reason, he decided to go directly where Yuto lived hoping that Rin was at home.

He was lucky. Rin had decided not to rely only on Yuto's work as a mage of Fairy Tail. Now that she was on Earthland, she could continue to design new magic patents. Not only that. Since Earthland was completely different from Earth, she could expand her research in new ways that she could only dream of before.