Ch.10: Phantom Lord (part 1)

Yuto did not think that his life was completely turned twisted in a week and the worst thing was that this was due to Martha. Under that innocent appearance as a seven-year-old child, she was a real pest because of her lively character that looked very much like that of Mordred.

Let's be clear that Yuto had no idea how to behave with a child because he had thrown his childhood in the trash after the death of his parents and Rin was certainly not the perfect parenting example to use in his specific case.

Martha was his and Mordred's daughter, though he had no recollection of doing such a thing as incest; for safety, Yuto immediately submitted to the paternity test, which was positive. He did not need it because he would still take care of her regardless of whether there was a blood bond between them or not. It was just a safety measure in case someone questioned that she was not his daughter and Mordred accepted able to remove the last doubts that her brother/husband had.

In addition, Yuto had to admit that Martha had inherited some unique features that only he possessed such as magic circuits and a peculiar magic affinity.

Sword.

The magical affinity that Yuto inherited from his father now shared with his daughter. Martha only knew the basics, but already had a good level of learning, probably due to the fact that Merlin had taught her the basics of Magecraft.

Magnolia's streets were as crowded as ever, however, that morning a strange atmosphere reigned. Such feelings were directed to Yuto who, not wearing the holy shrouds, left the guild symbol in plain sight.

"It's okay that I gained a good reputation in the guild, but that's odd," Yuto said puzzled, "what's going on?"

All the passers-by were giving him looks full of misery and compassion. Some whispered something between them.

"See!"

Yuto looked down on his daughter and saw that she pointed a certain direction that was the direction they were heading in. Yuto and Mordred watched in that direction and saw a horrible spectacle.

At the end of the road, the guild had been restructured with iron pillars randomly sprouting from the guild hall.

"Let's go!" Yuto ordered them to speed up the pace and reach Fairy Tail as soon as possible.

When Yuto, Mordred and Martha finally reached their destination, they were shocked. Numerous gigantic iron pillars protruded everywhere through the pagoda-shaped building, one that also protruded through the sign of the fairy tail above the entrance doors.

Yuto froze as he stared at the damaged building. He may not have been part of the Fairy Tail for a long time, but they made him feel at home. He didn't like anyone breaking in and destroying the guild.

"Our guild..." Natsu muttered as his hands closed in fists with rage.

Yuto and Mordred turned to see Team Natsu that they were all clearly as upset as them. It was understandable since for most of them, the guild was their home and the members are their family.

"Someone had devastated the guild!" Natsu shouted furiously.

"But who would do such a thing?" Erza asked.

"They are responsible..." a female voice replied, "those of Phantom Lord did this!"

Everyone, with thw only exception of Natsu, turned and saw Mirajane standing behind them, ready to burst into tears at any moment.

"Are you serious?" Gray asked surprised.

Natsu turned to look at Mirajane with an expression of sheer fury. "Do you mean that Phantom Lord did this?" he asked.