Ch.37: Oracion Seis (Part 6)

Dragon King Festival. This is how next generations called it, the great war that shook the foundations of the world. A war so fierce that it involved Ishgar, Alakitasia and Guiltina. The consequences of this war were tremendous.

But despite the actors who took part in the war and fought for what they believed, everyone were victims. Acnologia itself was one. The puppeteer was Angra Manyu who, acting in the shadows, manipulated the emotions of the dragons who, although they ignored the humans, looked at them as nothing else like ants walking on their soil and sailing their seas.

Few knew the truth behind the real causes of the conflict. Yuto, Merlin and Morgan who had investigated from the beginning. Mordred and Claire were the closest people to Yuto. Later, on the day of separation, Lancelot and Tristan were also informed of this.

And yet, in spite of everything, there was a moment when a small ray of light managed to penetrate those black clouds and illuminate the sky of Lyoness. A news that many took with joy and others with disappointment.

This event was the King's marriage.

For everyone, it was a rather surprising event for two reasons.

The first one was that it was sudden.

Yuto had refused to accept any proposals that had come to his table over the years. He rejected both those of Lyoness nobles and foreign rulers seeking alliances. With time, rumours began to circulate that the King was powerless since he had not even taken a concubine with whom to spend pleasant nights after hard days of work full. Others said that the King had no interest in women since he spent most of his time with Mordred (who everyone believed was a man by her manners and her strength).

the second reason was the selected wife.

As was customary in those days, the bride would have to belong to a noble family to maintain economic, military, and financial advantages with the future bride's family; but this time, it was unusual because Yuto would marry Claire, a woman of peasant origin. The people closest to Yuto, who were a small number, knew that Claire had been living with Yuto for a long time, she was his right-hand man and the voice of the reason when Yuto acted on impulse.

Of course, Claire was very beautiful, and, despite the inexorable passing of time, she remained young just like the King. The reason was to look for a particular herb with miraculous healing properties that, mixed with other herbs and then boiled, allowed to restore youth. With that and the goal of staying by Yuto's side for the rest of her life, Claire would periodically take such a tea-like drink. However, she was particularly concerned to keep hidden the place where such grass grew.

Looking out of the wagon, his mind flew to that day...

The entire city was festively decorated for the wedding. Coloured banners and Merlin's flowers decorated the white walls of the city. Many citizens had poured into the main square, surrounding the church. Even inside the religious building, the situation was no different. The nobles had all taken their places on the benches and others were even forced to remain standing, leaving the central nave empty for the bride's passage.

Yuto stood before the altar. He wore a formal dress for the ceremony. He wore a white jacket over a silver-grey vest and a white shirt, white pants, and elegant shoes. Like any other day, the pendant that once belonged to his father and even before his adoptive mother was hanging around his neck. Symbolically, it was as if they were also there with him.

Behind him were the best man and the maid of honour, Mordred, and Marie.

Organ began to play and Yuto turned to the entrance. Claire walked down the central nave, accompanied by Merlin. Yuto's face was bright as he watched her stunned. The white dress had been created based on Claire's requests.