Ch.39: King of Dragons (Part 1)

There was a reason why they were the "Circle of the Snake".

The snake is an animal that hid its presence from the rest of the world, waiting to bite its prey. And so did the associates who had been hiding in the sunlight for 400 years and carefully planning their plan to take revenge against the King of Dragons.

Some had become kings while others were rich merchants. Some had become powerful warriors, other were magicians whose ability were at the same level as Claire who was known as the most powerful human sorceress.

However, as in a social pyramid, someone was at the top of everyone, controlling the actions of its underlings. A master who controls the various factions inside the Circle from the shadow.

Sitting behind an ash desk, in the middle of a stone room, a girl was reading documents concerning the activities of the various branches.

Her name was Erice, and she was the master. She was a girl in her late teens. She had long white hair carefully kept in a bun behind her head and eyes as red as blood. She wore a very special dress consisting of a long black dress with red outlines and black leather boots.

The wooden door opened. Erice shifted her attention from the various paper to the man who had just entered the room.

He was a man in his 60s. His hair, greyed by age, was carefully held back while a single lock hung over her right eye. He wore an elegant and lavish brown overcoat, elegant brown trousers, and a cloak lined with a bright shade of blue.

"The time is almost upon us, master."

In the end, it was not important how, it was only important to reach the predetermined goal. After all, they were all people interested in the riches of that kingdom, as well as being able to get their hands on ancient weapons and magic items that once made a great inner kingdom.

"Time is at hand, Master."

Erice moved his back against the chair and took a deep breath. The time when he would repay the wrong immediately was close.

"I've waited so long..."

She had waited a long time, but patience was the virtue of the strong people.

"Undoubtedly," the man said in a quiet voice.

She had waited so long to get revenge for the past. She had crossed the line of no return for several years now. She couldn't turn back now, not after the man in front of her had saved her from the abyss of despair.

Erice lifted her right hand and observed the seals imprinted on the back of her hand.

The old man explained to her what they were. Command Seals that marked her as his Master.

"Anyway, Magnus Adler has completed the preparations for the ritual. All he has left to obtain is the main element."

Erice grimaced.

Magnus Adler was the head of the division of the Circle that operated in Bosco. A disgusting man and that she defined rotten to the core. Even his soul was rotten.

It had not always been so, but it seems that an incident that took several years before awakened in his mind a second personality that had now become predominant.

"In addition to this, I have received news that the Fairy Knights have completed their task. Grimoire Heart has officially ceased to exist."

That was good. In the end, Grimoire Heart had never produced anything good before unlike Oracion Seis. They were idiots who had believed the story of the Keys of Zeref's Seal, a story Erice had created to encourage someone to look for the Yuto's keys.