Ch.09: Changeling

Since this chapter is a bit special since it concerns Changeling, before you start reading it, know that I will refer to the characters in this way:

Yuto (Natsu): Yuto's mind is inside Natsu's body. So, Yuto will speak in the dialogues.

---------------------------

Yuto and Team Natsu knew that they would be severely punished for taking a job for which they were not qualified once they returned to the Fairy Tail guild. However, when Erza said they will be punished with a certain punishment, Natsu, Gray and Happy were terrified at the thought of having to repeat it, and this caused Lucy to get stress herself when no one told her what it was about. On the other hand, Yuto was not terrified as he thought that there was nothing more frightening than his foster mother when she was angry or when she quarrelled with the heir to the Edelfelt Household.

"Is Master Makarov here?" Erza asked with an imposing voice.

All members of the guild turned overwhelmingly towards Erza and were all frightened.

"He went out of town for some sort of last-minute meeting or something," Macao replied.

Immediately, Natsu, Gray, and Happy sighed for relief, while Lucy seemed to be even more agitated. Yuto, on the other hand, had an almost inhuman calm that led everyone to wonder if he were really aware of what he would expect once the master would return.

"We got really close this time!" Natsu smiled radiantly.

"Yeah," Gray said, pumping his fist, "we're safe until Gramps comes back"

"Thank God!" Happy said as he cried tears of relief, "we're not going to hell for a while!"

"Ugh! You want to tell me what the punishment is!" Lucy screamed, pulling blond hair from frustration, "I want to know!"

"BE QUIET!" Erza commando to the quartet.

The group immediately ceased to speak and shuddered with fear. Natsu and Gray even kept each other, both frightened by the redhead who haunted their nightmares. Yuto also felt a bit surprised by the power in her voice. He reminded him in some ways of Mordred.

"When will the master return?" the Requip Mage asked.

"I don't know," Mira replied, "but I imagine he'll be back any minute."

Erza nodded. She put her hands on her hips taking an authoritative position and turned to face the five behind her.

"When the master comes back, I will immediately ask him about the punishment!" She said authoritatively, "facing an S-Class job without permission is against the rules. You must be prepared for the consequences."

Natsu, Gray and Happy immediately hugged each other to support each other, crying for fear.

"How do I prepare when I don't even know what will happen?!" Lucy screamed.

"She certainly has a knack for inspiring fear in others. She is a true tyrant," Yuto thought as an almost imperceptible smile was spreading across his face. He was not at all afraid of punishment. Whatever it was, he would have agreed without objection.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, but..." Wakaba said sarcastically before his smile turned into a frown and looked away, "one thing is Natsu and Gray, but Lucy and Yuto... poor kids"

Lucy paled, a drop of sweat crossed her face. "Poor kid?!" she cried hysterically.

Natsu and Gray, meanwhile, listened to Wakaba and began to walk towards him with indignant looks.