Ch.42: King of Dragons (Part 4)

Brain opened his eyes and growled with pain.

What happened to him?

Brain thought back to the last moments of his life. He remembered how Sieg released the power of his sword, destroying his most powerful spell and his body with it.

So, what was that place? The hell?

For once, Brain didn't have an answer. All he could see was darkness, pitch black and quiet as a cemetery.

"Do you regret not having reached your goal?"

In that darkness, a pair of red-crazed eyes and slit pupils opened in front of Brain.

"Do you wish another chance?"

Brain felt a pulse in his chest, something similar to a resonance with the entity in front of him that was talking to him in a seductive and tempting voice, leveraging on his feelings and his desire remained unfinished.

"Do you wish to fulfil your wish?"

Brain smiled grimly. Fearlessly, Brain stretched both arms toward the entity. An evil smile spread, teeth sharpened like blades.

"Very well."

-----------------------

Such a development was quite unexpected to the point that not even EMIYA or Hoteye knew exactly what would happen.

"What happened?" Jura asked while dismantling the stone dome he had created to protect himself, Hoteye, Sieg and Gray from the boulders that were once the King's Palace.

With the destruction of the King's Palace, Nirvana stopped moving and this was strange since the first target was still far enough away. This allowed Natsu to descend to the ground without suffering from motion sickness and give Happy time to recover magical power.

"We don't know," Happy replied. "We were facing these monstrous creatures when the Palace blew up."

"But I smell something strange," Natsu added. "I can smell Mr Elegant Pants inside the palace."

"Who...?" Gray asked the pyromaniac magician for a flat look.

"Oracion Seis' Master," Happy replied.

"Wait! Are you kidding?! How the hell Brain is still alive?" Gray exclaimed shocked.

It was impossible. Gray was sure that Brain could not have survived Sieg's attack. Jura must have agreed.

But he could not deny that Natsu's sense of smell was excellent and that they were lost inside the forest due to some stupid trick, probably a trap placed by Angel since he had been able to perfectly imitate Ichiya.

"This is strange," Jura admitted turning to Sieg. "Sieg-dono, what are the odds that he survived?"

Sieg grabbed his chin and assumed a thoughtful expression. "Honestly, the probability that he survived is close to 0%," he admitted doubtfully. If he was a servant, then there was some chance of survival, but against a human?

[I congratulate you for defeating Brain, the embodiment of greed!]

Everyone looked around to see where the voice came from but soon realized something. The one who spoke did so through telepathy, a tactic that remembered the one used by Yuto at the Harvest Festival.

[I introduce myself. I am Zero, the embodiment of Destruction,] Zero spoke gloomily.

Hoteye shook. His eyes opened wide, and his body began to tremble in fear.