Ch.08: Galuna (Part 6)

"Natsu, slow down a second!" Yuto screamed as he ran in pursuit of the Dragon Slayer.

"We don't talk about it!" Natsu screamed as he kept chasing after Zalty at breakneck speed, "not until he tells me how he repaired the temple!"

Suddenly, Zalty stopped running and pointed his hand at the point of the ceiling that was right above Natsu's head that loosened and fell right over him.

"Be careful!" Yuto shouted alarmed.

Strengthening his legs, Yuto threw himself towards Natsu at inhuman speed and pushed him away from the point of collision of the boulder and receiving it in place of the Fire Dragon Slayer. The blood flowed from his forehead, although the wound healed in a few moments.

"That's why you should have waited for me!" Yuto said dried up while cleaning blood from his forehead.

"I'm sorry," Natsu humbly apologized.

Yuto and Natsu noticed that Zalty did not seem to have finished. He waved his hand and the piece of ceiling lifted up to the point where the damage was, disappearing as if it had never been there.

"That's how I repaired the temple," Zalty said.

"You've rewound time, haven't you?" Yuto asked extremely surprised.

"Yes, I did. How did you know so quickly?" Zalty asked.

"I did my homework," Yuto replied, recalling that one of the five True Magics in his world was about time travel, but the details of fifth magic had been lost.

Zalty chuckled for the answer he had received. "This magic is extremely rare to be considered one of the Lost Magic," he said, "such powerful and dangerous magic that has been lost over the centuries."

This was the first true likeness he found between his old world and Earth. In both worlds, the secrets of the manipulation of time had been lost over the centuries.

"I understand," Yuto nodded, not hiding a certain interest in temporal manipulation.

"Dragon Slayer Magic is another example of lost magic and healing magic too," Zalty continued.

Yuto wanted to point out what Zalty had just said, but he preferred to remain silent. What worried him was that they had been spied on all along by the masked man.

"Really?" Natsu asked.

"I can't believe it, Natsu," Yuto said, "normally people who use magic should know theirs first."

Before Natsu could respond, Zalty laughed and disappeared, much to the chagrin of his opponents.

------------------------

Lyon did not move a muscle, staring intensely at Gray with his eyes wide open.

"Iced Shell doesn't actually kill the wizard who uses it," Gray continued, "it uses their body and soul to form the barrier. The ice that keeps Deliora sealed and you tried to melt is Ur. She's not dead, she lives in the form of ice."

Lyon barely stared at him.

"I'm sorry I never told you the truth," Gray sincerely apologized, "Ur made me promise to keep it a secret. She was afraid that if you knew, you'd spend the rest of your life trying to free her."