Ch.12: Phantom Lord (Part 3)

Rin Tohsaka was worried. It had been a long time since Yuto had disappeared mysteriously after the end of the Holy Grail War. She wouldn't have cared if he decided to pursue a career as a freelancer instead of being the head of the Tohsaka House. She would at least want him to warn her.

Rin had adopted Yuto after the death of his parents and consequently became the only heir of the House although he was a Pendragon; However, this was only a minor detail for her since she had ended up acting more like a mother than a legal guardian.

For days she had gone to the place where Yuto had faced Gilgamesh. The Clock Tower had done an excellent job in passing the destruction of the Ryuudo Temple as the joke of some arsonist maniac. This gave Rin the chance to investigate what really happened to Yuto.

By now it had been more than a month since the Holy Grail War had ended and Rin was spending much of her resources and time searching for Yuto. Rin also tried to summon him from the Throne of Heroes in case he died, but no one answered her summon.

If he wasn't dead, then what happened to him?

Rin didn't know it, but she knew she had to investigate more thoroughly and what better place than Ryuudo Temple, now nothing but a pile of rubble. Rin could say no one had backed out of the fight.

Rin headed to the point where it had been most suspicious as it was always guarded by members of the Mage Association who kept curious away. She headed for a huge crater, clearly caused by a large explosion as it was about a hundred meters wide and about twenty meters deep.

Rin went down inside, being careful not to fall. Her eyes searched the area to find some clues, but she find nothing. Rin wasn't the kind of girl who gave up and looked better.

Suddenly, a luminous sphere rose from the centre of the crater, attracting Rin's curiosity.

"What is this?" she asked herself mentally.

The light floated before her eyes, tempting her to touch it. When she did, the sphere seemed to disintegrate, enveloping Rin.

---------------------

Rin's eyes began to open as she groaned at the discomfort. It took a few moments before she was really aware and realized she was in a dense forest.

"It's okay that I was in a temple in the middle of a forest, but that's weird," Rin thought puzzled.

Suddenly, the branches moved, making Rin turn around. The head of Tohsaka House was somewhat puzzled when she saw a giant gorilla coming out of the clearing. It was a strange gorilla as it had green fur and snout and some parts of its body not covered were dark. In addition, pink hearts were printed on the arms.

"Beautiful woman," the monkey spoke.

"What the hell! A talking monkey!" she gasped perplexed, before feeling lifted off the ground. "What's going on?" she asked confused.

"You be my woman!" the monkey cried out by slamming his fists into its chest. The gorilla stretched out its arm to grab her.

Rin gnashed her teeth with rage as she pulled some jewels out of her pocket. She charged them with magical energy and threw them at the gorilla, blowing it up. "Your woman? I'll kill you!" Rin replied frowny, before she started kicking the gorilla violently.

Perverted talking gorillas? Something made her think she was in another world.

Rin took a breath and calmed down. She then returned to scrutinize the area in search of a direction. There was only one path so the road was marked, hoping it would lead her to the city.