Ch.30: Harvest Festival (Part 5)

Laxus and Natsu looked at each other in a tense silence. The battle between the two Dragon Slayers was close and Laxus was a formidable enemy. Not for nothing, he was a class S magician. He had even brought Gajeel to his knees that until recently he was a class S magician of Phantom Lord.

Laxus was furious. He would get rid of Natsu and then head straight to his biggest problem: Yuto. He had ruined his plans twice by freeing the girls and destroying the Palace of Thunder. He was wrong to count on Evergreen to beat him.

"Now you will die!" Laxus lifted both his arms above his head. A great trident made of lightning was generated, "Lighting Dragon's Heavenward halberd!"

Natsu grunted feeling the danger. That attack, combined with Laxus' Berserker state, would have been enough to kill a weakened Natsu. Laxus laughed at his victory if it were not for the trident to change direction halfway, going to strike Gajeel, who had turned his arm into an iron pillar with which he acted as a lightning conductor.

Natsu looked stunned by Gajeel's action before returning to observe Laxus. His anger exploded and the flames enveloped his body. Not only that, but his power increased to the point that even Laxus had to admit that he was surprised.

"Fire Dragon..."

"What are-?"

"... Iron fist!"

Laxus was interrupted when he received a fist directly in the chest which made him vomit blood and threw him back.

"... Talon!"

"... Sword Horn!

"... Flame Elbow!"

Freed and Levy watched in disbelief and Gajeel grinned as they saw that Laxus was being brutally beaten by a furious Natsu.

"Dragon Slayer Secret Art: Exploding Flame Blade!"

Natsu generated two powerful streams of fire from both hands and swung against Laxus in a spiral formation that repeatedly and violently hit Laxus. When Natsu finished, Laxus fell to the cathedral floor unconscious.

The battle was over, and the winner was Natsu.

Unaware at all, however, it was that a man had observed the entire battle. He was a man of distinct appearance, with blond hair and green eyes. He was wearing a white silk shirt, dark trousers, and elegant shoes.

The man smiled as he threw himself off the roof to land in an alley and then mingled with the crowd that was pouring into the street.

-----------------------

A few hours later, the city was back to normal. Of course, most of the citizens now held a grudge against Makarov's grandson due to Yuto's defamatory scheme. It was not an honourable move, but it was the best way to minimize damage and not too soothe the image of the guild.

Honestly, it didn't matter because none of his friends were dead. Even Bisca was back on her feet and Erza had announced the good news that master's condition was no longer critical thanks to Porlyusica's heal.

"All's well that ends well," Yuto sighed exhausted.

Yuto and Irene were sitting on a bench in the guild. Both were bandaged after Porlyusica had healed their wounds. The broken bones had been healed by Avalon (fake) that Yuto could trace when he recovered enough magical power.

It was quite surprising to see Yuto being beaten so hard. Yuto himself also remembered that he had hardly ever been so seriously injured during his life. Probably, only Mordred and Gilgamesh (the first time they met after the massacre of his family) were able to inflict so much pain on him.