Ch.24: Tower of Heaven (Part 6)

The tension between Yuto and Jellal was palpable.

Yuto menacingly watched the dark mage. He had heard everything Jellal and Erza had said and the blood boiled in his veins with rage. The way Jellal had deceived Simon and the others who had followed him for years in the hope of finding the freedom that had been taken from them by the slavers and the way he intended to sacrifice Erza pissed him off.

Yuto didn't think he wanted anyone dead as much as Gilgamesh, but the difference between Jellal and the King of Heroes was abyssal.

Yuto pushed the magic circuits to the maximum and jerked at Jellal, who failed to dodge the punch he received in the stomach and the Dark Mage was thrown across the room.

Jellal got up, but his eyes opened wide when Yuto was on top of him, kicking him violently in the face.

"There will be no trace of you!" Yuto grabbed Jellal's face and hit his head on the crystal floor, bruising him in the process.

Yuto kept banging Jellal's head repeatedly, but Yuto didn't want to win that way. One thing he had inherited from Rin was the fact that when he took revenge, he had to take it ten times more than the enemy had made him suffer.

In short, he would have shown Jellal hell.

Yuto let go of Jellal's head and grabbed his right leg, throwing him in the air.

Jellal recovered in mid-air, blood falling from his mouth and forehead. However, Jellal noted that his leg had been tied with Enkidu. Yuto activated the magic circuits on his arms and violently pushed Jellal to the ground.

Jellal cut himself off from the ground and took the blood out of his mouth. "I will give you credit for making me feel pain," he said smug, "however, if this is the best you can do, then my victory is assured".

Yuto's face was impassive, it was as if every emotion had been driven out of his soul, replaced by the only idea of victory.

"I'm disappointed by you," Jellal's smile never wavered, "I expected more from you, Yuto Pendragon, the legendary King of Dragons."

"How do you know about my past?" Yuto asked stoically.

"Your sword and your magic spoke for you..." Jellal replied. So, he turned to Erza, who was slowly regaining consciousness. He came up with a funny idea, something that would surely upset the red head. "The sword you have, Excalibur, should have been lost centuries ago; yet it mysteriously appears on Galuna Island," he said, "in addition, there is another legend that says that the King of Dragons possessed a magic that could warp the space, overwriting it with a new world."

"I understand!" Yuto said, "you mean Excalibur and Unlimited Blade Works."

"And there's so much more," Jellal smiled grimly, "something Erza deserves to know"

"What do you mean?" Erza observed with curiosity Jellal.

"The fact is that Yuto Pendragon died 400 years ago. He is someone who usurped his name..." Jellal revealed, shocking the redhead. Jellal could not help laughing amused seeing the amazement of Erza.

"Enough!" Yuto shouted a few swords at the dark mage.

So, he turned to Erza, ashamed to have lied to her, and confirming what Jellal had said was true.

"Erza, just before I entered in the guild, I saved the owner of this body from death. I gave him all my skills and knowledge, but in return I would use his body as a vessel for my soul in order to manifest myself in this era," Yuto looked away from Erza in shame.

Erza was watching Yuto in disbelief.

"So that's the trick!" Jellal laughed bitterly, "you used an innocent person for your purposes! You're not very different from me!"