Ch.47: King's Return (Part 2)

The Black Knight observed his work with disinterest.

The House that was given to Mordred was completely turned upside down, assaulted by him during the night with the intent to kidnap Yuto and take the keys. It was not a massacre because only the maid hired by Mordred was present.

"So, how's it going?" Magnus Adler asked.

"He is not there," he answered.

Magnus Adler grimaced. This delayed his plans.

Even the Black Knight did not like the fact that his prey had fled. It was true that he was ordered by his master to bring Yuto alive, but he did not specify how alive he must be. He could even lead him to him at the end of his life, as long as he breathed and his heart still beat.

"However, he said something," the Black Knight continued, capturing the interest of his Master. "It seems they left suddenly the night before."

"Where?" the King of Bosco asked.

"She stopped breathing before she could tell me," the Black Knight abruptly threw the corpse of the waitress who worked at Mordred's house in Magnolia.

"Stupid imbecile. You can't even do a job! You're useless if you can't even do what you're told!" The King of Bosco tarnished the Black Knight. "Ah, but I knew I had to be given a better servant by that old man. A useless tool like you..."

Magnus Adler stopped when he felt a pain in his chest. With an incredulous look, he saw his servant who had just smashed his chest with his bare hand and then violently ripped out his heart.

"You are noisy," the Black Knight said. "Just die, mongrel."

Magnus Adler fell to the ground, life quickly abandoned his eyes.

"Hmm... that's not good, Avenger."

Avenger turned and looked at the well-dressed man sitting under the gazebo.

"You killed your master and that's bad," he jokingly said. "Without him, how will you make up for the lack of magic energy?"

The Black Knight merely stared at the man.

"And the people he rules? What shall they think?" the man asked.

"Those scums are good for nothing. They're not even capable of killing a wyvern and they think they can kill a dragon." The Black Knight had never really considered considering them as his comrades. Every one of them was too ambitious and they'd stab him in the back the first chance they got.

"They deserve nothing more than to perish all." The Black Knight kicked without regard to the corpse of his master who was thrown against a wall breaking it. "It's people like this that stole my treasure."

"Your revenge is as powerful as the wrath of a dragon," the well-dressed man stated amused. "But the master needs Bosco. That's why I'll give you a hand," his appearance changed to be identical to that of Magnus Adler. "Behold, greet your master, Jack... I mean, Magnus Adler, King of Bosco."

The Black Knight grunted at that man's behaviour.

Avenger once again turned his attention to Magnus Adler lying among the debris. He extended his arm and opened a magic circle under the house. A column of magical power rose to the sky, wiping everything away, including the corpse of his former master.

Jack smiled amused. Avenger was just a servant without any scruples. No one, not even James Moriarty himself, had managed to find out much about him.

"Where are you going?" Jack asked.

"I continue with my mission. If I can't find the filthy dragon, I will drive him out in other ways," he said coldly. "You continue the plan to defeat this Acnologia he talked so much about."