eighteen

Dear Commander,

My youngest daughter, Athena, was born only a few months ago. I had taken her to the Team doctor - Doctor Holst - and it had been confirmed that she was born with a certain trait only I can take credit for. She wasn't graced with my healing factor, but she was given my claws. Just like myself, they were made of bone. But Doctor Holst figured out a way to convert them to metal without having her experiencing the pain I did.

With this discovery, I want a small piece of my daughter's future to be planned out. She may grow up to be whatever she wants, but I request that you are to keep an eye on her as she grows up. I want to secure a spot on Team X for her so when she grows up, she'll have a place to call home when she has no where else to go. Though I've made mistakes in my life and done some bad things, I want her to be a good person.

In the years to come, I'll miss a bit of her life. I won't be there for many of the activities she will do. But she'll be great at whatever she chooses to do.

Sincerely,

Logan

<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>

I blinked my eyes at the letter quickly, trying to consume everything that I had just read. By the looks of it, dad wanted me to be on Team X. And the most surprising part of all: he actually cared about me.

I looked down at my hands and stared at them in shock, the idea that my claws were bone before metal surprising me as well.

I flipped through more pages of the binder slowly, each page after the letter being news articles about me; about Bolt. All the killings that happened because of me. I read through a few of the articles and each word hit me like bricks. I was starting to feel like a terrible human being. For reasons, I don't quite understand, yet.

I turned the page once more, only to find yet another letter. Only this time, it was dated to the day before my dad gave me the binder. I mentally prepared myself for the contents, before diving into it.

<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>

Athena,

I know you hate me and that's completely understandable. I'm a shitty father and the way you treat to me is how I deserve to be treated. I've made mistake in my life that I'm not proud of, and not being involved in your life is one of them.

There are so many secrets that you have yet to know. And that's what this letter is about. You deserve answers.

First and foremost, I know you were raised thinking you were an only child, but you're not. You have an older sister named Josie and she's a few years older than you. I don't know where she went after I dropped her off all those years ago. You'll meet her someday hopefully.

You were never supposed to become a killer like me. You were supposed to become a great person who helps people. Father like daughter, right?

Athena, you are in danger. Not only because you're wanted by NYPD, but because you're being targeted. Someone wants you dead. Please listen to me when I say that Niall Horan is not to be trusted. I have worked with him before in the past and I know how he is. Niall has powers stronger than you'll know, and I hope you don't have to witness them first hand.

I don't know how you were convinced into joining Team Z, but you need to find a way out and fast. I know I'm not the most trustworthy person on the earth, but I need you to trust me. I need you to leave as fast as you can. And if you can't leave, shut Niall down. Save yourself from any more trouble.