four

-Athena-

As I sat in class listening to my marketing professor drone on and on about how to sell a finished product, I felt something hit the back of my head. Though I ignored it, I was tempted to turn around and confront the person who threw it. But I needed to keep my cool, or else my firey attitude would come alive.

Just as I turned my attention back to the conversation, another object hit the back of my head. The people behind me snickered amongst themselves, as I gripped my desk tightly. I could feel my claws trying to force themselves out, but I resisted the urge of allowing them to become fully exposed.

Once class was done and dismissed, I walked back to my dorm and waited for night to fall. That's what I generally did on nights I didn't have to study for a big exam. But instead, I locked the door to my dorm and escaped into the bathroom to wash and sharpen my claws. I had to treat them like hands and nails, or else they would become gross and dull.

"Athena." I heard someone whisper from behind the bathroom door. I groaned, before wipping off my hands and claws, pulling them back into my skin. "Athena, open up." The voice said again, before lightly tapping on the door. "I know your in there, Athena." That's when I realized it was my roommate. I sighed, before opening the door and smiling at her. "Finally, not o my do I have to use the bathroom, but I was told that your dad is at the front office? Said that it was important."

I sighed once again, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Thank you. I will go take care of it." I mumbled, as I grabbed the key to my dorm and walked out of the room, the door closing behind me.

My dad rarely acknowledges my existence. Once I turned sixteen, he started talking to me more. He would call me every other month and ask how things at home were, but he would never say he loved me. I try to tell myself that it's because he's tough and has no emotion, but that's not the case.

Once I reached the front office, there sat my dad in his brown leather jacket with the same stern grin that's always on his face, waiting for me. "Dad, care to tell me why your here?" I asked him, crossing my arms and staring at him. He looked up at me from his spot on the bench and stood up, placing his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"You look so much like your mother." He said, as I rolled my eyes in frustration. "You act like her, too."

"What do you want, dad?" I snapped.

"You get that attitude of yours from me." He replied, glaring at me. I scoffed, before lifting my right hand up and pointing at it.

"I also have these massive metal claws that your genetics gave me. Do you want me to show them to you?" I barked, causing to chuckle. He actually freaking chuckled. It's official: The world is ending. "I'm not going to ask again, dad."

"I have something to give you. Something that you need to read." He told me, as he passed me a white binder. I looked at it curiously, before hugging it against my chest. " I can't stay and discuss anything, though."

"Shocker."

"Don't start with me, Athena. You know I'm busy." He barked, clenching his jaw in frustration. "I gotta head out. Bye A." He added, before walking away from me and towards his motorcycle.

"See you in three years!" I yelled back, removing one of my hands from the binder and waving at him sarcastically. He ignored me completely, before zooming down the road. I sighed, looking down at the white binder in my hands, trying to figure out exactly what was in it.

Just as I headed in the direction of the library, my phone rang. I groaned, pulling it out of my pocket and placing it to my ear, not even bothering to look at the number. "What?" I snapped, causing the person on the other end to chuckle.