prolouge

2012

I was walking around the busy streets of New York by myself one night. The bright city lights and commotion keeping me awake. I should've been at my dorm studying for my exams, but instead I went for a stroll, exploring the sight of the rushing cars and bright neon signs. By the time  was in the center of Time Square, I knew I was where I belonged. I was no Broadway star, nor had I planned o becoming one. I was a person who preferred to stay behind the curtain, or a camera in my case.

A photographer in New York City? Cliché, isn't it? But hey, its my dream. I mean, I wasn't from foreign country, or anything. I'm from a small town in Ohio.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Halfway to my dorm room, I fell someone grab my arms and pull me into the alleyway - not without duct taping my mouth shut first of course. They also managed to tie my wrist together. They shoved me into a car, only to drive me to God knows where.

After what felt like eternity, they dragged me into an abandoned warehouse. It was a building right out of a horror movie; cobwebs, dust lingering in the air, and not to mention a pungent smell. Plus, the room they dragged me into was beyond freezing. Once they sat me down in the chair, they tied me up - rather tightly, if I do say so myself.

"Thank you, lads. You did good." I heard a thick Irish accent say behind me. I tried turning my body to look at the man, but failed miserably. His footsteps became louder as he got closer to me. Once he appeared in front of me, I saw  blond haired man - his brunette roots rather visible. I didn't get a good look at his face, until he turned on his heels and smiled at me.

"Ah, Miss.Bolton, it's nice to finally meet you." He said. I wanted to reply, but couldn't due to the fact I had tape on my mouth still. "I'm going to remove the tape. I'll try to be gentle about it. Don't scream, okay?" He told me kindly. I nodded, before he slowly and carefully removed the tape. "See? No harm done, right?"

"How do you know me?" I asked, trying to keep my cool.

"First, allow me to introduce myself," He began, before alking behind me and unting my wrist and legs. "My name is Niall Horan. I'm the lead mercenary for Team Z."

"What the hell is Team Z?"

"We are a class of mercenaries and rather special people. Some of us are genetically engineered mutants, some are born mutants."

"And you are?" I asked, causing him to chuckle.

"I'm neither sadly. I'm merely just a mercenary." He said, a wide toothy grin on his face. He was being friendly. Maybe a little too friendly.

"Alright, listen here, Irish," I hissed, standing up from the chair and walking towards him, my fist glued to my sides. "This is kidnapping! You don't just pick girls up off the damn street and assum it's okay," I added, walking closer towards him, as he kept walking backwards. "I don't know how you know my name, or how you knew where I was, but this is not acceptable." I spat, before backing him into the wall. He chuckled , shaking his head.

"That's where your wrong, Athena. I know more than you think I do. Like, I know that you are bipolar; a know-it-all, and rather stubborn."

"Everyone knows that, asshole." I said.

"I also know you have a rather special ability. Something that involves your hands." He replied, a smirk on his face, as he crossed his arms. I scrunched my nose up, shaking my head in disbelief. "I also know that you were called 'Mini Wolverine' your entire high school career."

"That was just a nickname." I said, trying to distract him.

"So those aren't connected to the name?" He said, pointing at my fist. I dropped my gaze down to my hands, only to see my metal claws sticking out. I sighed, before retracting them back into my skin, knowing I couldn't hide anymore.

"How did you find me?" I asked him softly, before he wrapped an arm around my waist and led me back to the chair.

"We've been keeping a close eye on you since the day you were born. Your parents were members of Team X, the first class of mutants and mercenaries." He explained, crossing her arms across his chest once more. "Your dad being the best."

"You knew my dad?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I met him once. About five years ago. My first mission was with him. That was the first time I came to America." He explained. I sighed, before running my fingers through my hair.

"Does he know you were going to do this?" I asked, staring at the man in front of me. Niall shoved his hands into the front pockets of his jeans and shrugged. "He has no clue does he?"

"I'm pretty sure Logan knew this day was coming, but no, he doesn't know." I glared at him, before dropping my gaze to the concrete floor. At this point, arguing with him was useless. They obviously found me for some reason.

"What do you want from me?" I asked quietly, looking up and catching his gaze. He sighed, before kneeling down in front of me, balancing himself on the tips of  toes, clasping his hands together.

"Over the years, Team Z has became the base people turn to if they can't tolerate certain people. We get hundreds of anonymous contracts to take out those people."

"So, if I join your little team, I'm going to have to murder people?"

"Yes."

I sat there and thought about it for awhile. I wasn't too fond of the 'Murderer' title, that's one thing I was sure about. But the more I thought about it, the more his face flashed inside my mind. The way he treated me and the names he called me throughout high school. Me being the nerd of my school and him being the douche football player, my hatred for him was through the roof. Dylan Walker made my life a living hell. And it was time for my revenge.

I looked at Niall and sighed. "I'm in."

From that day on, I went around the city and took out the people I was assigned. I became New York's Most Wanted Criminal practically over night. The more bodies that showed up missing and dead, the more the police grew suspicious to who was doing them. So, on the night of December fifteenth, I left the police a little present. Above the body in big white letters, I wrote the answer New York's finest was dying to know.

'Call Me Bolt'

_________________________________

A\N: Hi. I'm excited about this. Dedicated to @icHooSeU for the amazing banner.

-Logan, xx