sixteen

-Louis-

"F***!" I yelled, attacking the punching bag with enough force to send it flying off the hook and towards the wall, the contents of it quickly flowing out. I walked towards the wall and leaned my forehead against it, before slamming my hands off the wall.

I'm a little pissed off, if you couldn't tell.

What the hell was I about to do? Why was I allowing myself to even try and kiss her? She's my enemy, not my damn lover. She'll never be anything more than that. You're a liar, Lou. My mind told me, as I punched the wall again and yelled in aggravation. I continued to punch the wall until red spots began to appear on it.

"Louis, stop!" I heard Liam yell, as I felt myself being pulled away from the wall and towards him. "Are you insane?! Why would you do that?!" He asked, referring to the wall that now had holes in it. I wanted to tell him everything that went down, but he's my boss. He told me not to start feeling things towards her and I did. I could get fired.

Think of home. Think of football. Don't think of anything else.

"I just really miss home, ya know?" I lied, hoping he would buy it. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow, before shaking his head and helping me to my feet. I wipe my hands on my basketball shorts and clear my throat, before pushing past Liam and towards the locker room.

God, I really hope he bought that.

As I started to slip my jeans on, Liam cleared his throat, telling me to turn around. "Might as well put your suit on. You gotta job to do." He told me, throwing a file onto the bench and walking away. I groaned, resting my head against the cold locker, before slipping on my suit on and picking up the file.

According to the file, I needed to protect a man by the name of Rick Valentine. He has a contract on him for supposedly being an asshole.

Why do people want to kill others for their personalities? It makes no sense.

I memorize the address, before running out of the building and blending into the night. Maybe this will get my mind off of everything. Maybe I'll save this person then go home and drink. So many possibilities.

I climbed up the fire escape to his apartment, before sliding into the room through the window, placing my feet onto the ground gently. I looked around the small living room and saw shattered glass along the floor. I walked towards the glass, noticing the carpet around it was wet. I bent down, the smell of liquor hitting me hard.

I heard a small chuckle erupt throughout the room, causing me to jump in surprise. I turned on my heels quickly, only to find Irish standing with his arms crossed. "You're a bit too late, Tomlinson."

"What did you do, Horan?" I snapped, standing tall and clenching my fist together.

"I did Athena's job for her. After all, she does have a fractured wrist." He chuckled, walking towards me slowly. "Shame really, she's the best Team Z has."

"You don't think that, do you?" I asked, my voice full of anger. He laughed, a smile spreading throughout his face as he shook his head, which only pissed me off even more.

"Tomlinson, Athena may be good looking, smart, and good at what she does, but let's face it: I'm the best the Team has ever had and I always will be." Such a cocky bastard.

"You're a piece of shit." I hissed.

"I've been called way worse." He shrugged, before stretching his hands out in front of him, and sending bolts of electricity in my direction. I dodged them quickly, jumping onto the table that was near by. He shot again, as I lunged forward and tackled him to the floor. I punched his jaw repeatedly, before he threw me behind his head and rose to his feet. Just as I went to stand, he stepped on my arms with his feet, shooting bolts into my chest. I yelled in pain, trying to break from his grip, but couldn't. "God, you're weak. What happened to the incredible strength your supposed to have?"