twenty

-Couple Days Later-

"Please just let me kick his ass." Louis pleaded, as he sat beside me on the couch and allowed me to rest my head on his lap. I shook my head, my eyes scanning his face.

"I told you I was fine and that kicking his ass wasn't a good idea." I told him. "He isn't worth it."

"But Athena, he shouldn't have attacked you like that!"

"Believe me, Louis, I'm used to being attacked by people." I assured him, before sitting up and walking towards the kitchen. Just as I went to open my fridge, Louis placed his hand on the door, stopping me from opening it. I looked up at him with a questioning stare.

"I've apologized multiple times the past few days for fighting you." He said sternly. This boy, I swear.

"Who said I was talking about just you?!" I seethed, turning and facing him completely.

"Athena-"

"No, I've told you multiple times about everything I went through in school growing up. Whether it was verbal, or physical attack, it happened. I told you about Dylan. I told you everything. Do not stand here and act like it has only ever been you and Niall. Cause I can assure you it hasn't." I snapped, pushing past him and heading into my room. I gathered up clothing to take a shower, only to have it knocked out of my hands quickly. "Louis!" I said, before he pinned me against the wall and kissed me hard, taking me by surprise.

I pushed at his chest gently, trying to tell him I was pissed off, but I caved in and kissed him back, due to the fact that he made me feel light headed and bubbly. I placed my hands on his chest, the cast making it really hard to grasp his shirt fully. He slowed down the kiss, making me feel like I was on cloud nine. He pulled away from me after awhile, our breathing uneven and hearts pounding fast. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset." He apologized, backing away from me slowly.

I shook my head, running my fingers through my hair, as I bent down and picked my clothes up. "It's fine. I overreacted." I replied, as I placed my clothes on the dresser beside me. I leaned against the wall and stared at him, his blue eyes scanning the floor below his feet. "We need to ta-"

"When I'm around you, I can't think straight. At the thought of you, I have a hard time forming a sentence and it drives me crazy. I have no idea what this feeling I have inside is, but I know for damn sure it's not hate." He says, his eyes flickering from the floor and to my face.

"Louis-"

"Sorry.. I just.." He trailed off, scratching the back of his neck and looking back down at the floor. I pushed myself off the wall and walked towards him. "You okay?" He said, as I stopped right in front of him.

"I'm not used to these sort of feelings. I'm not used to the butterflies and how fast my heart races when I'm around you. I don't know how to even describe what I feel about you," I told him, my eyes looking at the floor below me. "We both know we should hate each other. But I can't hate you. I.. I just can't. When it comes to you, I can't stop thinking about you and it's driving me crazy. I don't-"

He silenced my rambling by grabbing my hips, pulling me to him so our chests touched, and kissing me, a feeling I'm starting to crave and adore. I placed my hands on his biceps, as he kissed me with admiration. It was slow and full of meaning, something else I wasn't used to. He pulled away from me, my eyes fluttering open slowly, only to see his staring right at me. Louis smiled and made a face at me, making me blush and laugh quietly.

"You're a strong, beautiful woman, Athena Bolton." He said to me, caressing my cheek slowly. "But I'll do everything in my power to protect you. Even if you don't want me to defend you, I will." He added, only making me smile even more. I looked over at my left hand and sighed, before bringing it to my chest and pulling the black cast off, throwing it behind me. Louis' eyes widened, before I placed my hands on his neck and pulled him down to my level, kissing him once more. He wrapped his arms around my waist completely, as he walked backwards and sat on my bed, allowing me to straddle his waist.