16. Know

"Thanks Yoongi!" I grunt , not liking the feeling of blood mixed with dirt and other shit on my body.
We just finished hunting, catching more animals than what we're used to. I caught the most, and so after I washed up I was going to be rewarded with a big ass feast. I definitely wasn't complaining.
After I trudged to my room wrapped in a towel, I turn the shower on, waiting impatiently as the water goes from cold to warm. I step inside with a finally released sigh as the water hits my back and scarred chest.

I get soap and I start to clean myself, feeling slightly disgusted as I watch as mud brown and blood red coat the bottom of the shower, going down the drain smoothly. After some time I dry myself, feeling refreshed and relaxed.
I brush my teeth, staring myself in the mirror as I continuously spit in the sink, then rinsing my mouth out with water.
I tried to ignore the obvious burn mark on my left eye, touching my face as I apply facial products. I wash my face again and put a lotion on, finally leaving the room to change.

I put on a hoodie and some shorts, not really caring about my appearance. My black hair fell over my face, and I pushed it back with a headband.
Making my way downstairs towards the main living room, I hear lots of chatter, and I see lots of people acknowledging my presence. I bow back to them,
Going into the kitchen to see hundreds of people. I felt my heart rate pick up, but I ignore it as I took my seat next to the pack leader, Dawn.

"Hey Yoongi!! Look here, we got the man of the hour!!" Too many stares. I bow my head lightly, putting on a genuine smile afterwards.
A few words were said, and toasts were made. Everyone was now digging in, enjoying the excessive food they had, which was larger than normal.
I ate rather slowly, enjoying my hard work to the fullest. Lots of adults got drunk, and their partners had to get them to their rooms safely while the children were gathered by a few omegas and betas.

After the tables were cleared by the staff and a few stray wolves, including me; Dawn came over to me with a serious look on his face. "Yoongi, come to my office once you're finished ok?"
I nod, feeling confused by his behavior. Something big must've happened for him to be acting like that.
I say goodbye to the staff and I show a few smiles, now walking down the baby blue hallways towards Dawn's office.

I get there, and I nervously knock on his door. I hear a "come on," and I open the door cautiously, wondering what was wrong. "Uh Dawn, did something bad happen?" He sighed.
"Take a seat." I did, noticing how I was the only one in the room besides him. Not even Holly was present.
"Yoongi, you know how you're my right hand man right?" I nod, trying to figure out where this conversation is going. "We recently signed a peace treaty with a nearby pack."

I sit there in silence, confused on what he was trying to silently tell me. Then I froze, connecting the unspoken dots. "The FireLillies, right?"
He nodded, his eyebrows pushed together in a worried manner. "Now look Yoongi. They're going to be staying here for a month at the very least, maybe longer. They're staying because their land needs more expansion and because of the case of your sister."
With a stoic expression on my face, I nodded. "We recently found some information on your sisters case. We didn't tell you yet because we didn't want to stress you out, and because we wanted to confirm it. Now that we have, I'm telling you now."

My lips were sealed shut. I couldn't speak, and I just watched as Dawn continued to talk, feeling as if my face was frozen. "As my right hand you would have to show them around and be their guide and yada yada. If you're not comfortable,
I will get someone else Yoongi. Do you want that?" I gulped, thinking on the decision. I do need some sort of closure, and an opportunity for that is slapping me in the face. "I will. I'll do it." Dawn gives me a look, but he nods, unclasping his hands. "Now, originally only three of the main circle would be coming,
but because of the recent increase in hunters where they are, they need a bigger pack house, and so at least a fourth of their entire pack including four of the main circle will stay on our grounds. Is that ok with you?"

I nod again. "So four of them will come as you know, while three will stay behind. I don't know which four is coming, so be prepared. The expansion of their pack house will last a month and a half,
and some of our wolves will travel over there and help." I nod again, feeling as if too much information was being thrown at me. "There will also be meetings about your sisters case,
so please come if you want to." My eyes trailed up back to Dawn, who was giving me a worried look. "Ok, I will. Um, excuse me but I'll be going back to my room now."

Dawn laughed. "There's no need to be so formal Yoongi. You can go now though." I nod with a quick smile, rushing out of his office.
As I walk to my room, I think about the same thing over and over again. There's a possibility that i'll see Jimin again. That same thought never left my brain, following me around like a parasite all the way to my room.
I laid on my bed, my eyes trained on the sea blue ceiling. My thoughts wandered to the last time I saw Jimin. The regret and pain on his face, while the others had a mix of disgust and anger.

If Jimin said that he's changed I would believe that, but I'm not too sure about the other six.
Their expressions still haunt me, and I don't know if I'll be able to ever talk to them like nothing has happened.
The thought of seeing Jimin again brought a ghost of a blush upon my face, I felt worried. Should I forgive him? Will I ever be able to?

I wondered if I could really.

-

Lynn~~