21. Hunt

Double update

I was ready. I had my weapons, my clothes, the information. Everything. I was wondering why I was the only alpha on this mission, but that question was never answered.
The target was a male rogue, his crime being that he killed his wife and his wife's sister. He killed them because of their incest relationship.
He was rumored to have some information on the whereabouts of a nearby threat, so we're technically planning on kidnapping him.

He was located north, a whiles away from my pack. We traveled in our wolf forms most of the way, but closer we had to be in human form to capture him.
I was the leader, throwing demands here and there to ensure that nobody died on this mission. I was extra careful because in his file it didn't say what his previous rank was. That was bad.
Even when you're a rogue your previous rank determines how hostile you are as a wolf or how strong you are. The fact that I don't know that valuable piece of information has put me on edge.

There was an abandoned building in the forrest, the building that the rogue was currently hiding in.
To ensure most of the betas safety, I took two of the strongest with me while the others stood guard, ready to capture the rogue if he tried to escape.
We sneaked into the abandoned building, glass crunching under our feet. We traveled through a broken window, trying not to cut ourselves.

We stayed low, walking slowly as I tried to locate the rogue with my nose. Rogues have a certain smell that makes it know that they are rogues besides their eyes. It was difficult, but he seemed to be on the second story of the abandoned building.
Me and the two other betas travel silently, making our way up the stairs as silent as we possibly can. We took slow steps, wincing every time a creak was made. We had guns, just in case.
We don't use them often, but we brought them because this wolfs rank is once again still unknown. It could have gone savage for all we know. I hear a series of sounds and we make it to the second story. I open my hand, my palm facing the two men behind me.

Jay. Go investigate. Mind link me if anything happens and I mean anything. Go.

Jay nods at me and walks forward, his body disappearing behind a sharp corner. I turn to HongJoong behind me, and I nod for him to walk in the opposite direction, telling him the same thing.
I look outside, glad to see that none of the betas out front are hurt. I heard a noise from above, and I listen carefully. The sound of footsteps. My guard was put up immediately, and I mind linked all of the wolfs that are on the mission.

If anything happens or if you are in immediate danger where you need to leave, leave. Do not come find me. Go to the pack house and tell Dawn. If you all are together and I'm not with you, run.

The smell filled my nose, a nasty smell. It had a terrible stench, and I felt bile threaten to rise up my throat. It was the smell of the wolf that made me mind link the betas. The smell of a savage.
This wolf needed to be killed, and I could not risk putting the others in harms way by having them by my side. I walked up the stairs, quicker as I wanted to hurriedly lay this wolf down.
The growls got louder and louder and I continued to listen. My gun was held out in front of me, pointing me in every direction. I was lowered, my breathing steady as my feet quietly met the surface of the white tiled floor.

There was a low growl, close to my position that made me freeze. I turned, and in the middle of the hallway was a rogue wolf. White foam dripped out of the wolfs mouth, his canines on show as the barked and growled at me ferociously.
The wolf was in a tense stance, soon moving into one that had its sharp claws scraping against the floor. As the wolf ran at me, I pulled the trigger.
My eyes widened as I started to panic, shooting at the wolf with two more bullets. The rogue still had some intelligence left. It dodged by bullets perfectly. I sighed, dropping my gun and other stuff, changing into my wolf.