23. Cold

Triple update

My behavior change with Jimin did not go unnoticed by Hongjoong, who was in my room. He was hanging on the bed only by his waist, while he was also upside down. "So, you and Jimin aye?"
I furrowed my eyebrows, feigning confusion. "What do you mean? I have no idea what you're talking about." Hongjoong gave me a look before he sat up on the bed the right way.
"You don't glare at him as much. You complain about him less to me. You blush sometimes at the mention of his name, and I've seen you two hug. Don't even try to lie."

I sighed. "I forgave him. And I told him that we could try the entire mate thing." It was quiet for a minute before Hongjoong went into shock.
"What the fuck!!! And you didn't think to tell me?? Good for you though that you forgave him. Keeping grudges against others causes wrinkles.
And from what I see, you have quite a few." I growl at him. "No I don't! I checked this morning. My skin is flawless!" Hongjoong gives me a doubting look, and I don't know how to feel.

"Dude I'm joking! Now, I presume that I'm going to have to give you advice on how not to look stupid in front of your crush. It's ok though,
Everyone makes mistakes-" I threw my pillow at him, causing him to erupt into a fit of giggles. "Man, literally the only thing I live for is for you to break out into a blush. That is rare."
I glared at him. "Yeah and it'll stay rare! Continue to tease me and I'll punch your face in." Hongjoong laughed. Suddenly his face changed, his eyes narrowing and jaw hardening.

"I have to go." He rushes out of the room, not informing me about what caused his behavior to change.
I didn't shrug it off, feeling something deep in my gut telling me to follow after him. I moved the silk covers off of my body, setting my pale feet on the carpeted floor. In my pajamas I walked into the hallway, surprised that Hongjoong was already long gone. I followed his scent,
Shivering as the hallways were unusually cold. That set off alarms in my head. As an alpha, the cold doesn't affect me as much. But it's not winter, and it feels like I was buried in snow while cold water was being poured on my head.

I shivered constantly, sticking my head down random hallways in search of Hongjoong and even random people passing by. It was empty, cold,
and slightly dark. I immediately went to the weapon room, grabbing a few knifes and a gun, along with a holster since my pajamas didn't have pockets.
I followed Hongjoong's scent, and I arrive in front of Dawns office again. Hongjoong never gets called down to his office. Using my hearing, I softly press myself against the bare blue wall, flinching at how cold it was.

Their voices weren't muffled. They really must be yelling. "How! That's not possible! We identified him!" Namjoon? Why is Namjoon here and I'm not?
"Well we were wrong! He's here and he wants Yoongi. I don't want to send him out there to die!" Dawns irritated voice caught me off guard.
Why are they talking about me specifically? "And you think Yoongi isn't capable! He's your right hand man! I think he can take care of himself against Woyoung!" Jimin.

I stepped away, breathing in deeply before I slam open the office door, almost breaking it off if it's hinges. Six heads turn my way with wide eyes.
"Woyoung is alive?" Dawn ran a hand over his face, his eyes pleading for me to calm down. "That fucker is alive and you didn't want to send me out!! You wanted to keep it a fucking secret! Do you think I'm not capable of killing him? Because I fucking am!"
At just the thought of him made my blood boil while anger was overtaking my system. "Yoongi I'm worried that you would spiral out of control! I'm worried that you could go on a rampage that would hurt others besides Woyoung and yourself!"

I took a step forward. "You don't know a damn thing about me Dawn." Dawn stood up, his eyes holding a small warning look. "Actually I fucking do. I suggest you keep your shit together and stand down Yoongi. I do not want to argue with you right now." I didn't listen.
"I don't fucking care!! Just because shit has happened to me you treat me like some fucking infant that needs their bottle every five minutes!! I can handle myself! I'm a grown man, thirty years old! I don't care how much shit I've been through, but don't start making decisions for me.
I do that shit! I don't care if you're the fucking pack leader either! I'm talking to you as a friend right now! I am going to go out there and face him, whether you like it or not."

Not caring about the others in the room, I storm out. I ignore the cold. I ignore the chattering of my teeth. I ignored my frozen finger tips.
I went back to my room to change into the proper clothing I needed. I chose a black long sleeve shirt, paired with a black police vest. I wasn't planning on changing into my wolf form. I put on black cargo pants, still using the holster to hold my gun and knives. After I tied up my combat boots I went to leave the room,
Only to face Jimin. "Are you here to stop me also?" Jimin shook his head, his eyes looking me up and down. "By the way you look hot." I rolled my eyes. "But seriously I came to tell you the extra details. Don't want you walking out their unprepared."

I smiled at him, admiring how he ran his hand through his hair for a minute. He leaned his head back, his eyes still on me. I felt my cheeks heat up, and to distract myself I raised an eyebrow.
"So? What's this extra information that you so desperately need to tell me?" Jimin pouted. "I thought I could distract you from that."
"Well you don't have to worry about the pack as they evacuated a few hours ago and are staying in like a secret bunker you guys have or something? It was because Woyoung threatened to kill everybody including the children and Dawn didn't want to risk it."

That bastard.
"Also he tried to make a deal that if you went out there he wouldn't kill the pack, though that's not really working. Dawn said that you're not the only one out there. Namjoon and me are going to be out there too. We won't intervene until you tell us to. You can mind link us since we're on your territory." I nod.
"Good to know. You know I'm planning on killing him right?" Jimin nods, holding his leather jacket closer to his body as he lightly shivers. I guess it wasn't just me. "I mean yeah. I don't blame you. We should head out now. We don't want to keep our kind guest waiting."
I smirked, walking behind Jimin as he approached the door. We both walk out, passing by Dawns office towards the front of the pack. "Namjoon and I will be hidden, so make sure to call us out if you really need it ok?" I nod, preparing myself to battle with Woyoung, my brother.

I could finally get my revenge.

-
Lynn~~