Tabloids

The past serial killer and the detective. What couple could be more talked about in Hell? After I had healed and the doctor gave me the all-clear, Alastor and I could be seen together nearly everywhere. It apparently fascinated the sinners in Hell enough that one day we were featured in a tabloid magazine. 

I stopped at the cart carrying the magazines and picked one up. The photo was of Alastor picking me up after work in front of the HPD headquarters. There was no mistaking his trademark grin or my badge. Above the photo read the headline "Hell's New Power Couple?".

"That's rich," I snorted, paying the mean looking imp at the counter before walking away with the tabloid. I was meeting Alastor for lunch and wanted to show him our supposed claim to fame.

"What in the seven circles is that?" Alastor asked in an amused tone as I handed him the paper before sitting down. We were meeting at a quiet Italian place run by an ex-mobster. Whatever shady business he practiced on the side was overshadowed by the amazing meatballs they served here. 

"Apparently we're quite the celebrities," I replied while looking over the menu. 

Skimming the tabloid, Alastor mused, "It says here we are expected to make an appearance at the court date for the head of the cult we broke up. What do you say, my dear? Shall we go?"

I chuckled, answering in the most obnoxiously prim voice I could manage, "Why of course, darling. We simply must give our fans what they want."