Jambalaya

Alastor had been true to his word. His jambalaya was absolutely fantastic. It reminded me of when I had gone down to New Orleans with my family to visit the historic sites. We had walked through the French corridor where all the menus were on display outside the restaurants...in French. Thankfully I had made it through French class enough to know what to order. However, this homemade jambalaya was far better than the kind I had eaten there. 

Alastor seemed thrilled that I enjoyed his cooking. He even seemed thrilled that I offered to do the dishes. I rolled up my sleeves, stating, "You cooked, I clean. Split it 50/50 so it's fair."

Leaning against the counter, he watched as I rinsed off dishes and loaded them into the dishwasher. After a long moment of silence, he said, "What would you like to do now?"

I smiled as I dried my hands off with the tea towel, "I don't know, what do you have in mind?"

I looked up into his grinning face, a mischievous smile tugging at my own lips, "I have a few ideas." 

As I spoke, my fingers played with the lapels of his jacket. Alastor's grin widened as he begun to catch my drift. 

"Come on," He said, his voice husky, "I know exactly where we can go."