Needle in a Haystack

I groaned, feeling just as lost as I had before talking to J.J. 

I had to find some little, fat, balding fuck named Vinnie before he killed again. And this being Hell, the system containing the records of everyone with a criminal history was massive. It was like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Sipping some rather disgusting stale coffee, I trudged through a mess of mug shots. With each failed match, I realized with a sinking feeling that I may have to visit the Luna Lounge in hopes this Vinnie would make another appearance. By the hundredth mug shot, I was ready to bang my head against the keyboard.

When the glare from the monitor had finally given me a headache, I sighed in defeat and slumped in my chair. Not one damn match. Which meant one of two things. Either this Vinnie was new to Hell or he had managed to stay out of the system so far. It didn't matter though. Any way you looked at it, this was a fucking mess. 

I glanced at my watch. I had just enough time to change into something that would help me blend in at the Luna Lounge before it opened. I really didn't want to spend my night at one of the sleeziest clubs in all of the nine circles, but at this point, what choice did I have?