Lead the Way

Alastor's words caught me off guard. Of all the things I had even remotely expected the Radio Demon to say, that was not it. Pulling his finger out of the barrel of my gun, he continued, "No doubt you would have handled that just fine on your own, but I couldn't ignore my chivalric duty."

His chivalric duty? Did I hear him right? Against my better judgment, I lowered my gun but didn't holster it. Alastor grinned, watching me, "Now that we aren't pointing guns at each other, may I suggest a drink? There is a club back the other way and I would love to know why you were keeping such unsavory company."

This just kept getting weirder and weirder. First Alastor squeezes Vinnie into literal nothing, and now he wants to know about my case? Alarm bells were ringing in my head, but my voice of reason said otherwise. He was the Radio Demon after all. Surely he heard things. 

"Alright," I agreed, holstering my weapon, "Lead the way."

The club Alastor took me to was a shadowy, exclusive venue guarded by a bouncer who could have put any giant to shame. A blues band played in one corner while patrons either conversed at tables scattered around the room or drinking at the bar. Alastor led me to a table in a quiet corner, waving over the waitress. 

"Whiskey all right?" He asked me, raising an eyebrow. I nodded and he gave our order. Bring two tumblers and a bottle of their best whiskey. Now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow. If I was going to drink with someone more terrifying than the devil himself, at least I was going to get something good to drink.