Ready...Set...

The anticipation before a raid was always the worst. It was like going to an ex's wedding when you still had feelings...only about ten times worse. 

Fidgeting with my bulletproof vest, I took several deep breaths to calm myself. I had a gun for fucks sake, I shouldn't be this jumpy. Watching the team around me, I grounded myself in what I saw. Bill was busy making sure the rookie he was training had put his vest on right. Kevin was talking with Jenna and Mark. Macy was watching every exit possible, as serious as always. And then there was Alastor. 

Of course, the Radio Demon had demanded to be a part of the raid. And to be completely honest, I couldn't think of a reason to turn him away. Without Alastor, none of this would have been possible. 

Standing away from the rest of the group, Alastor appeared undisturbed, almost as if attending raids on a murderous cult nest was an everyday occurrence. Shaking my head, I wondered what the hell he had gone through to make him this way. It just wasn't normal.

The clock struck nine and everyone turned to me. They knew their jobs, all they needed was the signal from me. I nodded, giving a nonverbal cue to go. 

It was showtime.