Putting the Pieces in Place

I woke up the next morning with a headache that felt as though it would split my skull in two. Groaning, I rolled over in bed only to find a body next to me. My hungover drowsiness was quickly replaced by surprise as I instinctively pushed the body away from me and right out of bed. 

Alastor hit the floor with a groan and several ungentlemanly words, and last night's events hit me like a ton of bricks. Quickly looking down, I saw that I was in the same clothes at the night before. Leaning back against the headboard, I struggled to put the pieces back in place. 

I remember coming home in Alastor's town car. When we staggered in, we began looking for more booze, which somehow led to a conversation about Super Troopers. Glancing at the TV sitting on my dresser, I saw the DVD menu playing and validated my theory. Nothing had happened between us, we fell asleep drunk in front of the TV. 

"What the hell was that for?" Alastor grumbled, rubbing his neck as he stood up to glare at me. 

"Sorry," I shrugged, "Not used to finding strangers in my bed."

Alastor rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his hair, obviously feeling just as hungover as I was. The sight of him made me feel slightly guilty for kicking him out of bed, "How about some coffee? There's a cafe right down the road. Come on, my treat."