Thirty Five

A/n: Happy 2021 beautiful people :)

Sasuke and Neji woke up to the smell of something delicious cooking. When they found Naruko's spot where she had been sleeping between them empty, they were panicking for a good three seconds before they heard Naruko's melodious humming.

"Ever wonder where she learned that song?" Neji asked his rival, slipping on his shoes.

"She said someone wrote it for her" Sasuke explained following Neji to the kitchen. "It's a beautiful song"

"Maybe she'll sing it to her children someday" Neji mused

Sasuke paused. "Yea, maybe"

When they reached the kitchen, they smiled at the sight of Naruko wearing an apron, her long blonde hair usually tied back to twin tails was let down for once. She looked so much like a house wife.

"...only, in our dreams, will we meet again" she sang.

Sensing Neji and Sasuke's chakra behind her, she faced them with a smile. "Good morning" she beamed at them, to which they returned her smile with a loving one. "What are you making?" Sasuke sat down and the blonde woman placed a plate Infront of him. "Chicken curry"

Neji sat at the head of the table. "I thought ramen was the only thing you knew how to cook" he teased, earning himself a slap on the head. "If I didn't learn how to cook a good meal I'd have died a long time ago" she pouted irritably.

"I taught her how" Sasuke proudly declared. "Give me more credit dobe, you wouldn't be standing so confidently in a kitchen if it weren't for me" he smirks at her embarrassed blush. "Once, she almost burned down my house"

"You're exaggerating! I only started a small fire in your kitchen teme!" Naruko threw a tomatoe at him, which the black haired man caught with ease. "It would have been a disaster if the fire alarms didn't go off, dumbass" he reminded, enjoying how red her face went.

Neji laughed at the two. "That would have been a funny sight, I wish I had been there" he said. When Naruko had filled their plates with her cooking, they all said a quick 'itadakimasu' and began to dig in. Neji would rile up his rival by attempting to feed Naruko from his plate, Naruko would play along, Sasuke would yell at them to "Stop fucking flirting at the table"

Then all three of them would laugh.

They exchanged stories from their childhood involving Naruko. The two enjoyed reminiscing memories with their blonde love and bringing a smile to her face.

Afterwards, Neji helped Naruko wash the dishes, while Sasuke was the one who placed the plates and other items back to their respective places. "I better head back" Naruko whispered. "Thank you Neji, for being my distraction. And you too Sasuke, for worrying over me" she beamed at them.

"I'm always worrying over you" Sasuke sighed, taking her hand and kissing it. Neji gave him a disapproving look, feeling a bit jealous. His eyes landed on her arms noticing that she hadn't replaced her bandages yet, and she wore the same clothes from yesterday. A sly idea came to his mind, he wanted to punish the Hatake for causing Naruko to cry and hurt herself.

He wanted to anger Kakashi, he wanted to make him feel challenged. "Would he get his act together then?" He wondered.

"Hime, you should wash up first. I'll prepare your new clothes and Uchiha can help you with your bandages later. Then we'll take you back to Kakashi-sensei" Neji smiled warmly.

Naruko didn't bother to fight Neji's kind offer. She didn't want to go back right away and maybe a nice warm shower can clear her head? "Thank you Neji-kun" smiling gratefully she left the two alone to find the bathroom.