Twenty Six

Naruko quickly brought her arms up in defense as Kakashi landed a hit. Though she smirked and slid her arm out and grabbed hold of his forearm.

"You're no longer playing dumb now Kakashi" she laughed and threw the man over her shoulder and aimed a kick for his middle as he was in mid-air.

Kakashi whipped out his ninja wire in a flash as soon as the blond began to throw him. Using to wrap around a tree and pull him to safety. Landing on a branch Kakashi smirked. "Maah, well I have to since you're trying to kill me littlr fox" he commented as he eyed the destruction of Naruto's arched kick. He raised a brow to say: "Are you adding in wind chakra into your attacks?"

Naru wrinkled her nose at her mess as a few trees were uprooted and land turned over. "Yes, but I'm far from mastering it. Ero-sennin's always running of to peek"

Feeling the Hatake land next to her but not too close to make her uncomfortable. She was trying her best to get used to their new beggining but not too fast that she'd lose herself. "I can only cut a leaf in half with my chakra"

Kakashi hummed in thought before saying: "Do you know the secret of Kage no Bushin?" seeing the blond nod out of the corner of his eye he added on. "And the next step of mastering the wind element?"

"Not realy. Ero-sennin only showed me the leaf and we had more important things to focus on with our limoted time" the Uzumaki faced the Hatake in question. "Why do you ask?"

"Maah, I could teach you the rest about mastering wind chakra. Asuma told me a thing or two about it" he replied and faced her, swallowing the urge to let his beast free as her faint scent of pinewood and sweat filtered his mask.

Placing his hands in his pockets, curled into fists. "You've been taking care of me brilliantly, little fox. I'd like to show my appreciation.....other then getting back into shape of course" Kakashi smiled when her eyes sparkled. "She always did loved to train"

"We'll see about that training, Wolf" she replied at the tempting offer before reaching her hand to cup his cheek. Realizing what she was about to do, she withdraw her hand, much to the dissapointment of the Hatake. Naru shuffled a bit before asking him: "I've noticed there's something diffirent with your chakra. It's very faint but I can still sense it there"  gazing at him sharply she went back to being serious.

"Is there something I should be aware of, Kakashi?"

Kakashi groaned and rubbed his face. How could he forget Minato-sensei was a keen sensory ninja? There was a chance of her inheriting it too.

Naruko waited for the man to answer her before poking his chest. "I can wait all day y'know. This wouldn't have anything to do with your change in personality lately?"

Kakashi eyed his love rather wearily. "I can't hide anything from you can I?" chuckling a little when she shook her head. "Well then may I have your ear for an hour?" Kakashi did plan to tell her about the curse. Though he hadn't asked Pakkun about the 'curse' part yet. He just hadn't expected to tell his blond so early. It wasn't even a full day. Though he was sure to leave out he marked her and hadn't have much time to live.

"Stupid beast!"

"You had that coming stupid human" his beast retorted matter-of-factly.

Naruko had a bad feeling about the upcoming topic she opened. "Maybe I should have kept quiet this time?"

"You'll never get answers about the beast within him other wise" Kurama replied wisely and it was true. They were both in the dark about Kakashi's beast. Even Kurama's ability to enter Kakashi's mind to pry didn't help the legendary beast and only felt a savage protective instinct from deep within. Though Kurama would never tell the blond she had been marked. That was the silver haired man's mess to settle. Morons. The both of them(Kakashi and his wolf).

Kurama knew Kakashi would make a suitable partner, a shame the older Uchiha had to die.

Kurama thought before deciding to take a nap. He would visit the Hatake runt's mind another time. For now, he'll leave them be.