Twenty eight

Why did she sound dissapointed in him?

"I know many barrier fuinjutsu but with this unknown being added into account I can't be lenient. Only a handful know and I would appreciate if it stayed between us"

Kakashi noted the nervousness in Naruko's eyes. "Does Hokage-sama and Jiraiya-sama know about this?"

"Yes. And Shizune and a couple of....unmentionables" she began walking away and he followed her loyally. "Though before you start on this new training I have to set up a perimeter around the cabin to keep unwanted eyes out"

Kakashi hummed. "Maah I'd recommend a five kilometer radius" taking her seriously. "I can help set up"

"Sound like a good idea. You mentioned the purple barrier so does that mean you know how to make one?" she asked and watched as he nodded and tucked his hands in his pocket. "Follow me" she ordered and headed back to the house.

"The perimeter barrier I have in mind derives from the purple kind Itachi-kun taught me while I was out on my travels with Ero-sennin" Kakashi noted that a fond smile graced her features. They both entered the house and moved to sit in the living area. Naruko bringing over a  large scroll to unfurl on the coffee table as she continued on. "When Itachi-kun  was my gaurd, unknown to me, he placed a barrier over my home to keep intruders and harm doers out"

"How's that possible? Anyone would see the purple hue of the barrier" Kakashi commented. He knew of three colored barriers. Each stronger then the last. "And I'm sure the villagers would notice a giant barrier we are to put up"

A green barrier was considered the weakest of the three yet took a chunin to erect and hold. Able to withstandtand several onslought attacks from within and outside, though would shatter after several high ranking techniques.

Next was the purple barrier that few jounin were able to produce and were incredibly resillient against attacks and almost impossible to break. Only able to break the barrier by distracting tbe caster.

The strongest, that Kakashi knew, of was the red barrier. Only known to the Hokage that was rumoured to be able to withstand the power of the biiju.

Kakashi picked up the seal paper Naruko handed to him and and revealed his sharigan to commit the seal to memory for future purposes. "Are we to make several of these?" he asked, looking to her with an arched brow. "It'd take a while even with my sharigan, and I'm just assuming, your fuinjutsu skills you've learnt from Jiraiya-sama"

"From Itachi-kun aswel, actualy..." Naruko adds. Kakashi noted she has said Itachi's name several times during the conversation. He decided to ignore this, for now. Though it was starting to get on his nerves. "But it's nothing to brag about" the blond shrugged her shoulders.

"But now we won't be writing out the seals. As you've said it'll take a while and possibly too long to set up. Though I do need your help with your eye to keep my chakra flow steady and in check as I'll be doing your five km perimeter. I've never created such a big barrier"

"A mixture of ninjutsu and fuinjutsu, you already know the seals?" he questions.

Naruko frowned and rolled her eyes, looking annoyed at the question. "Of course I do. I've managed to update Itachi-kun's and Ero-sennin' s barriers so there's no need for the slips, though I'll be needing this one" she unsealed a single piece of paper with Kakashi noticing the diffirence though not knowing what it was for.

"This here will allow animals to pass through the barrier as it'll recognize the small amounts of natural chakra  within them and it'll tell the diffirence between a normal animal and a ninja transformed as one. It'll also alert me to anyone outside of the barrier seeking entrance or trying to destroy it"  Naruko pointed to the script before them. "We'll need to find a suitable center for me to cast the jutsu"

This time it was Kakashi who rolled his eyes(both Sharigan and normal one). "Nothing to brag about? Barriers larger then 250 meters needs the seals written on paper placed on 4 locations plus the entrance but you can do so much more"

Naruko blinked in surprise in Kakashi's words. "But it's realy nothing to brag about. I still have to be watched over by Ero-sennin whenever I work on my fuinjutsu..." "Plus, it'll be a while before I am able to rival Kaa-chan" she added on mentaly.

"I know a talented ninja when I see one and you are one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if you surpassed me in every way"

Naruko's eyes widened in awe as her heart clenched. "Realy?" she whispered, afraid her voice might crack. "You realy mean that, Kakashi?"

The last Hatake looked her in the eye with such gentleness it made her feel queesy. "Without a doubt Naruko. One day, I bet, you'll be even greater then the Yondaime Hokage"

Naruko's eyes began to water so she wiped them away. She was so touched by his words. "Arigatou.....Kashi.."