Eight

A/N: When you see 🔊 turn the music on

Naruko was slaving over the stovetop as Pakkun watched her from the counter. They had stopped discussing about the royal marriege once Naruko had thretenned to skin him and serve him to Kakashi for dinner.

Pakkun thought she was kidding at first till she tossed a kunai at his head and nicked a piece of his hitai-ate. Pakkun looked outside. The sun had set almost an hour ago. Kakashi's curfew was due in a few seconds. Pakkun suggests 40 seconds atleast and could tell by the way Naruko was hacking the vegetables she was worried for his summoner.

"He'll make it Naruko, trust him"

Naruko sighed heavily and placed her knife down. "I do Pakkun. I realy do trust Kakashi not to trip up now. There will always be a part of me that will worry constantly about Kakashi not matter what. Especialy after what I did to him last night!"

Pakkun hummed in actknowlegment

She had reluctantly told him what she put Kakashi through last night and he was not mad at her. Rather he praised her and respected her for actualy going so far as placing a genjutsu over the copycat ninja to test his will.

She wasn't going toe-deep, but head first into the torrent water that was Kakashi Hatake. Pakkun could easily tell Naru cared very deeply for Kakashi, but is just too stubborn to do amything.

Naru and Pakkun stiffened when the front door handle twisted and the blond wasted no time to rush to over to the door and ripped it open. Startling the copy-nin on the other side. Naruko sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness you're ok, I was worried Dattebayo" Shocking Kakashi further as she pulled him in a tight embrace and held him tightly. "Damn when I gave you a curfew, I didn't expect you to come right on the dot"

Kakashi released a guilty chuckle and patted her head as his other arm returned the embrace.

"Ah that would be my foult Naruko" Asuma  voiced from behind Kakashi as he poked a head over the copy nin's shoulder. "Yo! Naruko, sorry for keeping Kakashi for so long. It has been a while since we last had a dude's night. If you must know Kakashi was at my place the entire time, Gai came over with Iruka, Shikaku, Genma and Raido and we all ate pizza and drank cola. No alcohol was served"

Naru looked up from Kakashi's chest to Asuma and laughed. "I trust Kakashi not to drink. I was just worried he'd return home tree hours late. But I trust Kakashi not to drink" Naruko released Kakashi and rushed ovee to the stove before the food was ruined.

Asuma whistled low and smacked Kakashi's back. "You have a good woman in your hands Kakashi. You take good care of her too you hear"

Kakashi looked back at Asuma with a raised brow. "I don't know what you are talking about Asuma. And realy, did you realy needed to escort me back home? I know perfectly well where I live"

Asuma smirked. He had noticed Katsumi stalking them as he 'escorted' Kakashi back home. But Asuma could tell Kakashi wasn't up to par if he couldn't sense a civilian like Katsumi stalking them. "Hey you can't leave a single woman home and if you have curfew. I just wanted to make sure you will not get lost in the road of life"

Asuma bellowed out in laughter much to Kakashi's annoyance. Naruko was doing him good since he was now more open like how he was before he dated Katsumi.

Kakashi shoved Asuma out the door and slammed the door shut before the Sarutobi could make another comment. That felt good.

"Did something happen?" Naru took a peak from the kitchen as she was finisshing dinner.