Six

Kakashi woke up to something in his arms. Opening his biological eye slowly and found himself wrapped around a slender woman's waist. Looking up to see Naruko sitting upright reading a scroll. He found himself in her room in her bed and around her middle. "Uhh....."

Naru looked down to Kakashi and patted his head. "Are you better now?" she gave him a reasurring smile indicating he was supposed to be there.

Kakashi sat up next to her and rubbed his throbbing temple as he asked her. "What happened? It was a bad drean and....."

"---You tried to kill yourself to be with your loved ones" Naru explained looking at him dead in the eye and held one of his hands. "Ero-sannin placed you in a C-rank genjutsu" she sighed pulling her hands away and hugging him. "You had me worried there Kakashi-san, please never resort to suicide, I'll never forgive you if you did"

Kakashi's heart ached at Naruko's words and pulled her onto his lap and held her tightly. He wasn't used to skinship but with Naruko in his arms he felt at ease. "You have my word, I promise never to worry or scare you like that again ever" feeling her hand thread into his hair and give a soft ruffle. Kakashi smiled, her touch was soothing. "I promise I'll get better, I won't let you down"

"I will hold onto your word Kakashi-san" pulling back and patted his head once more. "Today let's take it easy. How about we take your ninken out for a walk? Okay?"

Kakashi smiled behind his mask. "Okay"

Watching as Naru left the bed and went out of the room to start breakfast. Gazing around her room he saw how it was mature and neat for her personality. Her windowsill was lined with pictures of all her precious people. There was even a few pictures of him, about six or eight. But those were outnumbered by the photos of her best friend Sasuke Uchiha. Most of those pictures were mostly of Sasuke and Naruko from early childhood and genin days.

He was going to keep his word, he wouldn't let Naruko down. Although, that one frame faced down bothered him for some reason.

**

Naruko had just finished making their breakfast when Kakashi came out looking fresh and started on their meal.

There was something bothering Naru and asked Kakashi. "Kakashi-san, in the genjutsu, no matter how many times I tempted you, you didn't give in easily and put up a fight. You kept saying 'I can't--I made a promise not to'." she looked up at him in curiousity. He had finished his meal already.

Kakashi rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Maah...Do you remember when I found you at team seven's training ground?" She nodded her head and he continued. "Well that blank look on your face chilled me to the bone....and your eyes, your eyes were proof to me how I've let you down. So I took an oath to never dissapoint you ever again. That I would get better and I'll never drop down to that low level again"

Kakashi looked at her dead in the eye. "Naru, I want to be a better man. I want to earn your trust and respect back"

Naru simply just stared at the man and stood up, walked aroumd the table and hugged him from behind.

"You earned that trust and respect back when you first stepped into my home. I'll never give up on you....Kakashi" leaving out the honorific she felt him stiffen. She smiled and patted his head as she retreated. "You deserve it"

"Thank you" he was feeling like the luckiest guy in konoha right now. Grabbing the dishes he turned to face Naru who was now at the sink with hot soapy water. Yet something cought him off gaurd.

Naruko was glowing without the sun actualy with her...she was simply, glowing. This was definitely diffirent.

Naru however took no notice of Kakashi's lingerung gaze and cleaned up around the table. Turning around suddenly with her nose greeting Kakashi's chest, her eyes met him with confusion. "Is everything alright Kakashi? You seem....absentminded"