Oh, How the Tables Have Turned

an: hey everyone! i cannot believe it's been so long since i posted the last chapter, but i still have many ppl that read this story and i truly appreciate that! I've basically grown up writing this as i started when i was 14, and am now currently 22 years old! my updates may be very slow, because i do have a job and bills and stuff— adult life sucks! but i hope this chapter will be able to make up for all the time i've missed with you all! please like and comment, lemme know your thoughts/opinions on the chapter. and i hope to be back soon! thank you guys, love you! xoxoxo - t

_____

[ The voice of young Tony Stark: Previously in AVENGERS HIGH SCHOOL— ]

Guy: (frowns, raising an eyebrow) Baby, who is this?

Natasha: Oh, this is my friend Walter, trust me.. he doesn't have a crush on me. We're just close friends.

Guy: Oh. Phew, cool.

Clint: BABY!?

Steve: Did he just call you baby? And why does he look so familiar?

Natasha: Yeah... (blushes, pushing her hair behind her ear) Guys, there's someone I'd like you to meet... This is my boyfriend, Sam. (Smirks) Sam Wilson.

_______

[ Everyone is still in the lunchroom, the boys watching Natasha and Sam in utter shock ]

Steve: ... Sam? I— Oh. Uh, hey, it's good to see you here. I've missed you.

Sam: Please don't take offense, but who even are you, bro?

Thor: (Glances at the other guys in a low voice, looking confused) Bro? When did Steve and Sam become siblings?

(Loki folds his arms and rolls his eyes at Thor)

Steve: It's me, Cap. I know I look a little different now... We first met back when Hydra was taking over? We ran together? On your left?

Sam: (raises an eyebrow, trying to smile) .... Right. That's definitely cap. (Whispers to Nat) Seriously, he's cappin'.

Bruce: (yanks steve's shirt) Hey um, Steve.. He probably doesn't remember... remember?

Steve: OH, true. Heh, sorry, Sam. We totally never did any of that stuff together. I don't even know you. (grins awkwardly) Like is Sam even your real name? I certainly wouldn't know, because I don't know you! Ha-ha-haaa...

Sam: (stares at steve, blankly before turning to Nat) ... Anyways... ready to go, baby? We gotta rush to beat that McDonald's line.

Natasha: (smirks) You bet I am. Later, boys.

(Nat and Sam start making their way out of the cafeteria and the rest of the team quickly turn to Tony, except for Clint, who is still staring in Natasha and Sam's direction)

Loki: Stark, would it not be best if you actually spoke up to Romanoff right now instead of sitting their useless, as usual?

Tony: (glares at Loki) Oh so now you care about what I do with Natasha.

Loki: Hah. You wish.

Tony: (Rolls eyes) Whatever. It's not my place to go after her anymore. She's super into Wilson now and it's not like I want to ruin it.