Chemistry and Mythology

[Tony and Bruce stop at the chemistry classroom door]

Bruce: This is exciting! I loved chemistry in high school!

Tony: Yeah, but I don't wanna have to go through the four most hated years of my life!

Bruce: Weren't they supposed to be the best years?

Tony: They weren't for me, so you better fix it soon. I mean I'll help you fix some of it, but I'm a lot more helpful with tech science.

Bruce: Don't worry, I will try to get it done quickly.

Tony: Good, now let's go in.

(Tony opens the door, and they walk in. Their teacher stands at the front of the classroom, but stops talking when she sees them. The students stare at them. The room is "pen-drop" silent.)

Tony: (Walks to front of classroom) Hey, guys. My name is Tony Stark. Feel free to applaud.

(Students stare at him for a few seconds, then some start to snicker. Some of them whisper, "Loser.")

Tony: Are you kidding me? Do you know who you are in the presence of? Some of you will never get to meet me EVER again. I am the richest man in the U.S. Any of you ever heard of Stark Industries? Do you know who I a-

(Bruce runs up to Tony)

Bruce: (Shout-whispering) No, they don't know who you are! Your older self doesn't exist, remember?

Tony: Oh. (Looks to students and teachers) Sorry, excuse my behavior. Let me start again. My name is Tony Stark, and I am a tech genius. (Puts his arm around Bruce) And this is my buddy Bruce Banner. He's a scientist, and he is gonna get the best scores out of the whole class, I guarantee you.

Bruce: (Quietly and embarrassed)....Hi.

Mrs. Abernathy: New students, right?

(Tony and Bruce nod)

Mrs. Abernathy: (Holds out hand) Can I see your schedules?

Tony: Sure. (Gives her his paper)

(Bruce gives her his paper)

Mrs. Abernathy: (Looks at schedule for a few seconds, and then back at them) Alright Anthony and Bruce, choose somewhere to sit.

Tony: It's Tony, actually.

(Mrs. Abernathy raises her eyebrows)

Tony: I go by Tony instead of Anthony.

Mrs. Anthony: (Stares at him).........I'll take that into consideration. Now, find a seat.

(Tony and Bruce look for lab tables to sit at, but most of them are taken. A blonde-haired girl smiles at Tony and Bruce when they walk by)

Tony: (Winks at her, then turns to Bruce) (Whispering) I call her.

Bruce: (Rolls eyes) (Whispering) She's allll yours.

Tony: (Points to an empty lab table) There's a seat.

(Bruce and Tony sit at the table in the middle of the room)

Mrs. Abernathy: (Looks at them) Boys, what kind of stuff where you guys learning before you came here?

Bruce: How to work together as a team and defeat Loki.

(The teacher and students give confused looks. Some kids say, "What?" quietly)

(Tony elbows Bruce)

Bruce: OW! (Looks at Tony angrily and stands up) Are you trying to turn me into the hu- (Notices that everyone is staring at him) Um....heehee...nevermind. Sorry. (Sits back down)