The Dance - Part 2

Clint slowly walked to the table that Tony and Bruce were sitting at. He sat down and looked at them. They looked at him and grinned.

"Sup, Barton," Tony greeted. "You havin' a good time tonight?"

Clint sighed. "Um...Yeah."

Bruce glanced at Tony and then back to Clint. "You don't sound so sure of yourself."

Clint looked down and tapped his fingers on the table. "Okay, so maybe I'm not. Cameron is so-"

"Annoying?" Tony interrupted.

"Yes," he answered. "She doesn't know when to shut the heck up! How can someone be so happy?"

"I think it's because you're used to Natasha," said Bruce.

Tony nodded. "Yeah. And Nat's not exactly...the happiest person."

Clint shrugged. "Maybe. But let's not take away the fact that there is something seriously wrong with that girl."

Tony chuckled. "True."

Clint sighed and took a sip of punch. "I don't know what to do with her. Should I dump her?"

"No. Not yet. You should wait. I've got a perfect way for her to leave you alone."

Bruce raised an eyebrow. "The three S's?

Tony smiled. "The three S's."

Clint stared at Tony. "No."

"But why not?"

"I'm not going to do that. It's gross."

"That's not what eighty percent of men in this world say."

"Well, I'm not one of them."

Bruce nodded. "Well, I agree. Tony's system may not be the best choice. But...Still. You need to do something."

"Don't you think I know that, Banner?" Clint asked.

He shrugged. "I was just saying."

Clint," Tony started. "I can help you. If you don't wanna use my system, fine. But ya know...all you've gotta do is ask."

Clint took another sip of punch. "Fine, fine, fine. Can you two help me?"

They both nodded. The three of them shook hands and smiled.

"This should be fun," said Tony.

~~~~~~~~

Steve walked back over to the food table and put four more pigs in a blanket on his plate. He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around. A girl that was about an inch taller than him with brown hair that came to her shoulders stood there. She smiled at him. Steve thought she was really pretty. If she was his age, or at least looked the age he looked, he'd date her. Oh...wait. He wasn't older. He was fourteen, so he could like her....Right?

"Hi," he greeted.

She smiled and spoke quietly. "Hey, Steve."

"You know me? How?"

She grinned. "I'm friends with Cameron Ramirez. She dates your friend Clint."

"Oh. Right. I see," he said, smiling. "You act a lot calmer than her."

She laughed. "Yeah, sh-she's...um....pretty loud."

"Well, I guess opposites attract."

"Yeah, they do."

They awkwardly stared at each other for a couple of minutes.

"So um...did you come alone tonight?" Steve asked.