Shakespeare in the Park

[The avengers, Loki, and about thirty other kids stand at the back of the stage. Most of the kids are in a group, chatting with each other]

Loki: (Looks at script) I hate that I have to take part in this idiotic audition.

Natasha: What are you talking about, Loki? Romeo and Juliet is a beautiful play about the differences and challenges that come with love, and how love is so powerful that it can cause tragedy. (Smiles)

(The team and Loki stare at her in disbelief)

Tony: What the heck happened to "love is for children?"

Natasha: Is it a crime for me to be happy sometimes?

Tony: Well...no. It's just different.

Steve: She's in love. What do you expect, Ton?

Bruce: Hey! Only I call him Ton!

Clint: (To Natasha) Just because you may like Romeo and Juliet, doesn't mean we do.

Thor: I think this is exciting! I have never auditioned for such a thing!

Tony: Uh, Thor. I'm pretty sure you've never auditioned for anything.

Thor: So what? That does not take away from the fact that I will enjoy this.

Loki: (Still looking at script) This is disgusting!

Natasha: What is?

Loki: (Holds up script) This play! Why would two people kill themselves over such a stupid matter? If I was Romeo, when I saw Juliet dead I would have just shrugged and went back to Rosaline!

Natasha: But what if you were deeply in love with Juliet? Wouldn't you have at least cried?

Loki: Uh, no. Because I am sure I would not have fallen in love with someone after just meeting them.

Tony: Loki had a point.

Thor: Brother, are you trying to say that if you were Romeo, you would have tried to stay with Juliet for a long time to broaden your relationship, so you could fall in love with her?

Tony: No. He's pointing out that this play is a piece of bull.

Clint: Basically.

Steve: Yep.

Bruce: I agree.

Loki: (Nods) That's exactly what I was saying.

(Natasha frowns at them)

Steve: Nat, you don't scare us.

Natasha: (Grabs Steve's collar) What was that, Steven?

Steve: (Widens eyes) Okay! I'm sorry! This play is awesome! (Nervously smiles)

Natasha: (Lets go of him) That's what I thought.

Tony: (Folds arms) She still doesn't scare me.

Natasha: (Glances at him) Really?

Tony: (Winks) Really.

Natasha: (Rolls eyes) You better be happy you're cute.

Clint: So, Nat. You trying out for Juliet?

Natasha: Ah...duh.

Clint: Hmm...I'm trying out for Romeo.

Natasha: (Nods)...Interesting.

Steve: Wait. I was trying out for Romeo.

Thor: As was I.

Tony: Me too.