I Must Have the Answers

Same as last chapter, if you see * it means they are whispering. :)

[The next day (finally Friday), Clint and Thor sit down at their desks beside each other in English class]

Clint: (Looks at the whiteboard and sees "Quiz today" written on it) Oh crap. I forgot.

Thor: (Looks to Clint) What did you forget?

(Clint points to the board)

Thor: (reads it)...Oh, no! Barton, what is this quiz about?

Clint: I think it's on the seven conjunctions.

Thor: ....The seven whats?

Clint: You know, For, And, Nor, But, Or, Yet, So?

(Thor stares at him)

Clint: You have to use them to join two sentences together...?

(Thor still stares)

Clint: We've been talking about them all this week...?

Thor: (Still staring)....No. I do not remember.

Clint: We did them for homework last night.

Thor: We did? Hmm...I do not recall.

Clint: Oh, that's right. It's because you got Bruce to do it.

Thor: Exactly! Haraah for me!

Clint: Um...not really.

Thor: How so?

Clint: Because you don't know how to do them and we're about to take a quiz. Know what the means?

Thor: I am going to get a bad mark?

Clint: Yes, but please say grade instead of mark. No one calls it that anymore.

Thor: Okay, but Clint, I cannot get a bad grade! What if I do not pass this class? Father would be so dissapointed!

Clint: Does your dad even know what school is?

Thor: Yes, we went to school in Asguard.

Clint: What did you learn there?

Thor: Um. Well...we learned how to ride horses and chariots....Um, we learned how to fight with knives and swords...And then we learned lessons on how to rule a kingdom.

Clint: (Blankly stares)....Yeah, I have a feeling your father's not gonna care if you fail English.

(Students run in the classroom and sit as the bell rings. Mrs. Bale, the teacher, comes in)

Mrs. Bale: Morning, class. Go ahead and get out a pen or pencil. There will be a quiz on the seven conjun-

(Thor raises his hand)

Mrs. Bale: (Pauses) Yes, Mr. Blake?

Thor: I was just wondering if we have to take this quiz. Can I maybe do something else for a grade, possibly show how I can slay bilchsteims? Or practice sword fighting for defense?

(The class and the teacher stare at him)

Mrs. Bale: Donald, enough with your jokes.

Thor: Jokes? I was not gaming with you-

Clint: (Taps Thor's shoulder) Hey. Just stop while you're ahead, Bud.

Thor: Fine..

Mrs. Bale: Okay, I'm gonna pass out the quizzes now. No talking. (Gets papers and passes them out to each student) Alright, get started.