Episode 1

I still remember the first day I met him, I had just joined a class just ahead of my age. Master Yoda had introduced me to the class and told me to sit next to him. Back then I did not understand why Jedi could not have attachments. Even now, as a padawan-to-be, I still don't really understand. I sat next to him and he introduced himself,

-- FLASHBACK --

"Hello There, I am Obi-Wan Kenobi," he said, "You're Aris right?" I nodded speechlessly. He was very handsome when he was 10, he had short, sandy-blonde hair. He had pale skin and a small mole on his forehead, which I noticed immediately.

"....yea....that's me," I stuttered. He had smiled warmly at me and then turned his attention back to Master Yoda.

-- END FLASHBACK --

Even now as a 15-year-old padawan, he was still handsome, and he still had the mole; sitting just off-centre in the middle of his forehead. We were waiting in a small room. Today was the day we all became proper Jedi Padawans. I hadn't had a whole conversation with Obi-Wan in months. I spoke a few words to him during training. Obi-Wan and I worked well together. We were nearly always chosen to work together. I had only spoken a few words because during training was our time to show off our skills and impress a Jedi Master so that they would choose us to be their padawan.

I smiled at him from across the room. The room wasn't very exciting and no one was speaking. He smiled back. But I knew he was nervous. I knew that he had a low midi-chlorian count of around 15,000. He had told me all those years ago that he was only just accepted by the Jedi. I had felt sorry for him then, but now; not so much. His lower-than-average midi-chlorian count made it so that the Jedi Masters would be more impressed by him than me if we did the same thing. I had a midi-chlorian count of just over 17, 000.

The only thing I remember from my 4 short years at home was wishing I was a Jedi. The strength and the wisdom of them. They only showed up once on my homeworld, when I was 2. But I was hooked. I couldn't stop thinking about them. When I found out I was force-sensitive, at age 4, like a Jedi, I was so excited and couldn't wait to be transported to the Temple.

That had been 11 years ago. Through those 11 years, I had gained many friends. Obi-Wan included. My twin sister, Violet, had also become very close with Obi-Wan. She was as tall for her age, taller than me, her midi-chlorians were the same as mine, with just over 17,000 midi-chlorians. Now she sat beside me wringing her hands. "Jimpra Heith!" A Temple guard at the end of the room called. The boy twi'lek on my other side stood up and walked to the door. Obi-Wan also stood up, but he came and sat by me.

"Hey, Aris! Hey, Violet! Obi-Wan said, trying to keep his voice down. "You know we're going to be moved from our dormitories?" Obi-Wan said casually, Violet's eyes widened, "Yea," he continued, "We'll be moved from the padawan corridor and put in rooms next to our Master's." He leaned back on the wooden bench.

"I hope I get a good Master," I said, breathing out a sigh. Just then Jimpra came back into the room looking happy. One of his friends asked who he got. The boy said something inaudible and then left through the other side of the room.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi!" said the guard. I rubbed his arm reassuringly,

"Good luck!" he gave me a half-hearted smile and left. We sat in silence until he came back.

When he walked back through the door, he looked pleased, "Who'd ya get?" I asked eagerly. He smiled,

"Master Qui-Gon Jinn," then he left. I didn't have any time to think over Obi-Wan's new master when my name was called.

"Aris Tyra!" I nodded at Violet and walked through the door...