Episode 10

After a few days in the medical bay Obi-Wan, Violet and I were ready for action again. Windu, Yaddle and Qui-Gon were more than happy to have some company on their daily errands, but they always left an hour or so for us to be together. They knew how important we were to each other. It seemed that the whole Jedi Temple had heard about our debacle with Bane. Some of the older padawans came and congratulated us for surviving and most of the younglings would come running over to us when we were in the garden in small groups and would question us about the mission. Even Vangli didn't bother us and seemed to have a newly found respect for the three of us. We wore our new respect with pride but, with some reminding from our Masters, we tried to not get too big-headed. Even some of the Masters would come us to and ask if we were ok but we got the occasional, 'I would love for my padawan to train with you someday!'

On one of these occasions Master Shaak Ti, a Togruta Jedi, was asking us to train with her padawan Maris Brood. "Yes, we can do Primeday, we have other things to do on the other days," answered Obi-Wan for us. Shaak Ti nodded,

"I will see you then," she smiled. We nodded back to her and she walked off followed by a zabrak Jedi who I thought to be Maris.

"It's been a full few days!" said Violet as we walked out the front door of the Temple. Obi-Wan nodded,

"That's why I want to take you to this diner I've been going to every night." Violet and I exchanged looks,

"That's where you've been disappearing to!" I hit him playfully. He nodded and smiled,

"It's called Dex's Diner, the owner's name is Dexter Jettster, he's really nice and the food is better than the temple's food!"

I laughed, "Any food is better than the temple's food, that's why so many Jedi go to diners around here," Obi-Wan nodded.

We walked to Dex's Diner and went in, "Obi-Wan! You're back, and you brought friends!" said a large Besalisk from behind a hole in the window. Obi-Wan waved at him and we sat down in a booth.

"That's Dexter?" asked Violet. Obi-Wan nodded as a droid waitress came over to our table, "Welcome to Dex's Diner, what can I get you?" I quickly scanned down the menu,

"I'll have an Endorian chicken pot pie, please." I said to the waitress,

"I'll have the same," said Violet.

"I'll get my usual," Obi-Wan said, "and three cups of Jawa juice," the waitress nodded and then zoomed off into the kitchen. We talked about our adventure with Bane until our food came. Then when it did, we talked and laughed until it was long past sundown. "We better get going," Obi-Wan said looking at his chronometer, "Thanks Dex," he waved goodbye to the Besalisk as we went out the door. We walked back to the temple laughing and talking about what we were going to do the next day. When we went into the temple however the laughter died down almost immediately.

Windu, Qui-Gon and Yaddle were standing staring at us, a look of anger on their faces, "Where were you? We were looking for you?!" said Windu. I looked at Violet and Obi-Wan but they pushed me forward toward the Masters.

"We were.... er.... at Dex's Diner in CoCo town," I looked at the Masters and knew that I hadn't made them any less mad. Qui-Gon called Obi-Wan over and Yaddle did the same with Violet. Windu pulled me aside,

"Your meant to be the responsible one, keep them in check. Why didn't you tell us where you were?" I looked at my shoes,

"I didn't think of it at the time Master, I truly didn't do it on purpose! We had our lightsabers!" I said to him,

He shook his head, "Up to your room padawan!" he said sternly. I nodded sadly and went into the turbo lift, quickly followed by Windu. I looked at Violet and Obi-Wan who looked as guilty as each other. I waved my hand over the control and the lift shot up through the Temple. Windu turned to me, "I was worried," I looked into his face and thought that I saw a flicker of concern, but it quickly changed back to stern as the lift doors opened. He walked me over to my room and then spoke again, "Stay in your room until I come and get you," I nodded as the door slid shut. I sat on my bed and sighed, how could I have been so stupid!

I turned around so that I was facing the window and watched the speeders zoom past each other. After a while, I stood up and paced around my room. Then I arranged and rearranged my clothes. I made and remade my bed. I tried to turn my lightsaber on using the force. I then sat on my bed again and stared out at the seemingly endless city. I turned my attention to something I could see moving out of the corner of my eye. As I looked closer I saw that it was a person! No, it was 2 people! People were climbing up the side of one of the buildings. I blinked and rubbed my eyes and all of a sudden they were gone. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts. I looked back to where I had seen the people but no one was there. I lied down trying to sleep to pass the time, after a while, I fell asleep.

-- NEXT DAY --

"Padawan!?" I heard Windu's voice. "Padawan!" I bolted upright. "Get up, we need to go!" I stood up and put on my clothes. I walked out of the room to find Windu standing there waiting for me. "We've got another mission,"

"It's not on Dantooine is it?" I groaned. Windu chuckled,

"No, we are protecting Supreme Chancellor Kirames Kaj." I stared at Master Windu,

"I have to train with Maris Brood tomorrow, I promised Master Shaak Ti!" Windu chuckled again,

"You shouldn't have made such promises without my permission, I'll smooth it out with Master Ti."

I smiled up at him, "Thanks,"

Windu nodded, "We will look after the Chancellor during the day, I have another Master and their padawan looking after her during the night. We should leave now, we must get there as soon as possible, have breakfast and say goodbye to your friends and then meet me on the ground level." I nodded and then walked toward the cafeteria. I noticed Obi-Wan and Violet in our usual corner. I quickly grabbed my breakfast and rushed over to them.

"Slow down!" said Obi-Wan as I accidentally spilled some Bantha milk on his sleeve,

"Sorry, I'm excited!" Obi-Wan and Violet looked at each other,

"Why?" asked Violet,

"Master Windu and I have a new mission, we are protecting the Supreme Chancellor!" I said proudly. Obi-Wan and Violet's eyes widened. I heard a scoff from behind me,

"What a load of bantha poo-doo!" said an unfortunately familiar voice,

"Hello, Vangli!" I said, forcing a smile,

The zabrak continued, "Protecting the Chancellor, I could do that in my sleep, when are you getting a real mission!?" she and the two padawans behind her laughed.

"Is being captured by a bounty hunter and nearly been sold at an illegal black market while trying to bring the same bounty hunter down that captured you a real enough mission for you?" Violet said, "Well, even if it's not," she continued not letting Vangli answer, "Can you leave so I can finish my blue milk. Thank you!" Vangli looked taken aback at this answer but left, after straightening her robes.

"I should go," I said quickly, "Master Windu will be waiting for me, bye guys!" Violet and Obi-Wan said goodbye and I went to the hangar...

(A/N sorry this part is so short, I have a large part coming up next)