Episode 12

"I'll finish up here," I told Violet, "Then I'll come back to the Temple,"

"I'll see you later, Aris," Violet smiled,

"Not if I see you first, Violet," I returned. Violet chuckled slightly as she stepped into the gunship. She waved as the ship flew off, heading to the Jun. I went back inside the palace and made my way to where Kiana and Click were waiting for me.

"Did you send Violet back to Coruscant?" Asked Kiana,

"Yes, I did," I answered. Click turned on a map of the large palace, pointing out areas of the palace that were damaged. We studied the map for about half an hour when Blade came in,

"There's a transmission for you, Captain," he told Click,

"I'll be right there," Click replied. He pointed out one other area and then went into the next room. Kiana and I studied the areas more in-depth when Click came back into the room with other clones,

"Click," I said absentmindedly, zooming in on the worse damaged area on the map, "I was thinking we repair this area and then move onto the smaller areas, we'll then hand it back over to the Lothal people, we can head back to Coruscant after that," Click didn't reply instead he pulled his pistol out and aimed it at us, "Click?" I questioned, "What are you doing?!" He still had his helmet off and I could see tears forming in his eyes. The other clones also pulled out their blasters, pointing them at Kiana and me,

"Good soldiers follow orders," Click pulled the trigger. I quickly grabbed and ignited my lightsabers, blocking his shot. Kiana also got hers out. Click shot again and she blocked it. The other clones started shooting. I moved my hands quickly, blocking the shots. I backed out into the thin corridor behind us. We ran down the stairs to the front door of the palace. I could hear the heavy footsteps of the clones following us. As I ran outside I locked the doors.

"Kiana run!" I told her, as I heard the blaster fire from inside, trying to open the door,

"I'm not leaving without you, Master," she replied,

"Run!" I yelled again, "That's an order, Kiana," my Padawan looked down at her lightsaber and then up at me, then her eyes shifted to the door. I knew her decision, "May the force be with you," I told her, knowing that it was likely the last words I was ever going to say to her and she ran. Diving down into a cavern nearby, I could sense her worry, but it got further away as she ran.

I moved into a defensive stance as the doors flung open. The clones came out, Click and Blade led them.

"You are hereby charged with treason against the Republic," Click told me. He pointed at me and the clones started shooting. I blocked their shots, my lightsabers moved so fast I could hardly see them, they were just yellow blurs, the only thing coming between me and imminent death. I pushed them all back with the force and then ran. I dived into the cavern, still hearing the clones coming after me.

Why were they doing this?

The voice in the back of my mind was saying over and over again. I pushed it down and kept running, hell-bent on survival. I heard them land in the cavern and as I ran I heard shots coming toward me. I managed to block them all but one. It hit my left hand, knocking my lightsaber deeper into the cavern. I kept running, around countless corners and countless bends.

Every time the clones got close they would shoot. I would either defend myself or force jump away from them.

My breath was starting to come in uneven and ragged, my lungs and legs were on fire and I felt that at any moment I would faint.

That's when I heard the shot I didn't have time to defend myself and it hit my shoulder. I yelled in pain. My lightsaber flew out of my hand and I fell deeper into the cavern. I didn't scream, I wanted them to think I was dead. I hit the stone ground, hard. I resisted the urge to scream in pain. I kept my eyes open and stared up into the sky, using the force to listen to the clones conversation.