Episode 12

Sorry I haven't posted in a while... Writer's block ya know 🙄

We stepped out into a small room with big doors opposite us. The Jedi council meeting obviously hadn't started yet because most of the council were standing around talking. A few of them looked our way but we ignored them and sat down at some chairs on one side of the room. After a few minutes of eavesdropping on the Masters' boring conversations, a sound went through the room and the Jedi made their way into the large chambers. I had never been into the chambers so I was excited but also nervous, "You think we're being expelled because of Dex's Diner?" Obi-Wan asked nervously,

"I don't think they expel people for that, but maybe it's some sort of punishment?" I said, trying to sound reassuring,

"If they were expelling us, or punishing us wouldn't Violet be here too?" Obi-Wan tried to both reassure himself and me. I nodded and sighed the breath I didn't realise I had been holding. A droid who we didn't notice before perked up and spoke,

"They are ready for you now," I stood up and walked over to the door with Obi-Wan. I faced him and straightened his wonky robes. He did the same to me and then, together, we pushed open the door and went in.

We stood in the middle of the seated Jedi. Without Obi-Wan by my side, I think I would've fainted. We bowed in unison and stood silently, willing one of them to break the silence. "We have a mission for you," said Windu, "Violet has been kidnapped while protecting the Chancellor. We don't know by who or why, all we know is that she is gone," my breath hitched in my throat,

"A secret mission, this is. Tell no one, you must," said Yoda.

"3 ships left the Chancellors landing pad without confirmation in the past day. You will be tracking one of them." Windu handed Obi-Wan a data disk, "This is your first solo mission, if you can't handle it then we can give it to someone more capable."

I shook my head, "We are ready Master Windu,"

Windu nodded and continued, "You have free reign to use any transportation available to the Republic just show them this," Windu passed me a hologram and I turned it on; it was a hologram of the Jedi symbol. "May the force be with you," said Windu and then gestured toward the door. Obi-Wan and I bowed again and left.

"Our first solo mission! Could this get any better!" said Obi-Wan.

I scoffed, "The mission is saving my MIA twin sister, yes," I said sarcastically, "It could get better!" Obi-Wan dismissed my words with a flick of his hand,

"Let's go to the archives, they might have more information there," I said, Obi-Wan nodded and we quickly made our way to the library. We went in, trying to act calm,

"Hello padawan's, anything I can help you with?" said the librarian, Madame Jocasta Nu,

"No thank you, Madame," I said quickly and we walked over to a data terminal in the middle of the library,

"We can't plug it in here!" Obi-Wan said, "There are too many people around. It's a secret mission,"

"Wanna yell a little louder," I told him, "I don't think they heard you on Alderaan," I looked around. Obi-Wan was right, though, there were too many people here, "Come on!" I said pulling his arm toward the corner, "There's some over here," I guided Obi-Wan to a terminal in the corner. I looked around, making sure no one could see us, "Plug it in," I said to him. He nodded and put it into the terminal. A large hologram popped up and I quickly scanned over it. I caught a few words about the appearance of the ship and what time it left but that was all. "Let's go," I started to leave.

"Where are we going?" Obi-Wan asked taking the data disk out,

"To see the Chancellor," I replied

-- WITH THE CHANCELLOR --

"Did you see the ship take off?" I asked the Chancellor, she shook her head,

"But I know it took off from landing pad 6, I can have it closed for you if you need,"

I nodded, "Thank you, Chancellor," Obi-Wan and I bowed and left toward landing pad 6.

When we go there we quickly looked over the pad but didn't see anything out of the ordinary until, "Aris! Over here!" I ran over to where Obi-Wan was kneeling, "The data disk said that no other ships have docked here so this must be from our ship!" he explained. I looked down and saw that there was sand on the pad.

"From our training, I remember a couple of desert planets, Tatooine, Moraband and Jakku," I said to Obi-Wan. He nodded,

"I remember them too, we should report back to the Council," he said, simply. I nodded and we got back on our speeder.

"Wait!" I said before we took off, "We should take a sample, it could narrow it down," I quickly went back to the sand and scooped up a little. One of the Chancellor's guards passed me a tube, "Thank you," I said before pouring the sand into the tube and closing it. We made our way back to the temple in silence. Thoughts were going over and over in my mind, some of it was worry for my sister, some was where she might be.

"You need to calm down!" Obi-Wan said quietly, I looked at him,

"Don't do that again!" I implied that he had used the force on me,

"Do what, I can see it on your face, in your eyes," he turned to me and we locked eyes, "Violet will be alright, don't do something stupid just because her life may be at risk, you must learn to let go!"

I felt butterflies in my stomach at our eye contact and closeness, "You sound like Qui-Gon!" I said, reluctantly breaking eye contact and moving slightly away from him,

"He is my master," Obi-Wan laughed. We both laughed and then didn't talk for the rest of the short trip.

-- JEDI COUNCIL --

"We have found some sand, left by the ship in question we haven't had it tested yet, but we think it may be from Tatooine, Moraband or Jakku," I explained to the Masters.

Windu nodded, "If it is from Moraband, you will not be going," I felt my jaw drop,

"Too dangerous, for padawan's it is," explained Yoda. I nodded and we left soon after.

We made our way down to the library. We were nearly there when we heard a, "How come they get all the good missions, just because they survived a bounty hunter or something!" Obi-Wan pulled me off to the side. His arm was across the top of my chest, just below my collarbone and his body was pressing into mine. I looked over at the corridor and saw Vangli and her thugs walk past where we were. I looked back at Obi-Wan. His face was so close to mine that I could feel his hot breath, still smelling like that morning's breakfast from Dex's. I heard Vangli's voice fade off into the distance.

"Obi-Wan?" I said quietly, "she's gone," Obi-Wan moved a few steps back and cleared his throat,

"Sorry 'bout that!" he said, awkwardly, he rubbed the back of his neck and laughed slightly,

"It's alright, there's no Jedi around, we would probably have been beaten up if she saw us," I replied, straightening my robes. "Let's get going," I continued, "We need to get the sand analysed," Obi-Wan nodded. We went to the library in silence and inserted the sand into a tube in a data terminal.

After a while, Jakku popped up in hologram form. "Guess we're heading to the dustball of Jakku," Obi-Wan sighed. I nodded,

"Unfortunately yes! Shall we tell the council?" I answered.

Obi-Wan shook his head. We'll just tell Madame Jocasta to tell them. I nodded again, "I'll tell her, meet you at the hangar in an hour?" I proposed.

"Yes, hangar 7?" Obi-Wan responded, "I'll get us a ship," I nodded and we went out separate ways. Obi-Wan went straight out of the library but I rushed over to Madame Jocasta's desk.

"Hello, Madame!" I said, "I was wondering if you could tell the Council that Padawan's Obi-Wan Kenobi and Aris Tyra are heading to Jakku for a mission?"

"Certainly, I will! Good luck on your mission padawan," replied Madame Jocasta. I bowed my head slightly and left the library. I went up the turbolift to my room and lay down on the bed. I had 45 minutes to relax and then I slept.