Episode 9

I woke up. I looked around for a few seconds trying to figure where I was. Then I saw Obi-Wan and Violet sitting in the other force cages and it all came flooding back. I could taste dried blood and there was some on my robes. The side of my head was banging so hard it felt like someone was continuously hitting it with a lightsaber hilt. The bounty hunters in front of me looked up when I groaned, "Aris is awake," I heard one of them say. Bane came over to me.

"Look who's finally up!" he said sarcastically. He shoved a ration bar through a small window into the cage. I grinned at him before picking it up. "Eat up, you'll need to look strong for the bidders," he laughed and walked off. I sat down and swallowed the blood. I then ate the ration bar. I thought it would cure my hunger but my stomach wanted more. It growled loudly. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Obi-Wan stirring. Bane did the same thing to him then after a while the same to Violet. I lay back against the wall of the cage and closed my eyes trying to subside the pain. Then the ship jolted slightly and I knew we had just gone out of hyperspace. Violet and I exchanged worried glances but dared not speak.

Bane came back up to me after giving orders to his men. "I'm going to get rich off you and your friends, and there's nothing your useless Master can do to save you!" he said smirking. I kicked the cage, "Feisty!" he smiled and walked off toward the cargo ramp, "Put them in cuffs as well, just in case!" he smiled at me. The cage opened and my hands were cuffed behind me. The ship landed with a thud and the door opened. The cages started hovering and they moved towards Bane. Obi-Wan and Violet were behind me. I stood up to see what planet we had landed on.

But all I could see were people. People everywhere. Aliens of all species. Nearly all of them stopped and looked at 3 Jedi being led by a bounty hunter. Some of them threw rotten food and others just hurled insults. Some of them looked as if they felt sorry for us, but I knew when it came to the auction they would be bidding all their money to buy us along with everyone else. I looked back at Obi-Wan and Violet who were still staring out at the gaping crowd. We were escorted into a large building with hardly anyone in it. "Yes," said an alien behind a desk,

Bane smiled, "I have a few things that people might want to buy,"

The alien looked bored, "and what are these things?"

Bane's smile grew wider, "3 Jedi," The cages moved so that the alien could see us, the alien perked up,

"I see, they will be number 187 as only one person is selling them all, they must be ready when their number is called." The alien talked about us as if we were not there. Bane nodded and walked off, the cages followed. By this time all 3 of us had given up on standing, I was kneeling, Obi-Wan was sitting with his legs crossed and Violet was sitting as if Yaddle had just told her that her lightsaber exploded.

We were led to another room. This room was very different from the last. Instead of bright white lights, it had hardly any lights. Instead of clean, white walls they were metal and looked as if they hadn't been cleaned in a million years. There were all sorts of stuff stacked on shelves labelled with different numbers. We were put after 186. The cages opened and a wooden sign was put at our feet. I looked down and saw that it read, '187'. Obi-Wan and Violet were labelled, the same, "Now stay here," Bane laughed, "It's not as if you can go anywhere!" He left still laughing.

As soon as he was out of earshot I immediately turned to Violet and Obi-Wan, "How are we getting out of this one?" Violet shook her head, so did Obi-Wan. I thought and thought but nothing came to mind about how to get out.

"How about we meditate?" Suggested Obi-Wan. I nodded. We all got into a comfortable kneeling position and then I shut my eyes. I opened them after a while,

"I can't sense anything except a whole lot of greed!" I said to the others.

"It seems that we are quite famous, we are on nearly everyone's minds!" said Obi-Wan. I nodded,

"It's not every day that a bounty hunter, of all people, take down 3 Jedi, even if we aren't FULL Jedi yet and you have to opportunity to buy one!" I sighed, Violet gave me a look,

"That's reassuring!" she said sarcastically. Suddenly Bane came back in,

"Come on Jedi," he said mockingly, "We're ready for you!" The cages opened and we were pushed through another door to the right of the cages. When we went out the light blinded me and I could hardly hear anything the announcer was saying over the cheers of the crowd.

"Shall we start the bidding at 100 000 Credits?" said the announcer. After a while of bidding, I heard an oddly familiar voice call out loudly,

"0 Credits!" The room laughed at the ridiculous bet and then after a few seconds of laughter, people all over the room whipped off their cloaks and ignited lightsabers. The guests screamed and trampled each other to get out the door. Even Bane looked like he wanted to run. In the confusion, I hadn't realised that Violet and Obi-Wan had run off the stage.

I tried to run but Bane grabbed me by the hair and pulled me back. He pointed a gun at my head. I felt the cold metal touch my temple and I heard his finger rest on the trigger. I screamed out of instinct. All eyes rested on me and Windu took a step forward, "Bane?" he asked, "Let Aris go, you've lost," he said calmly. Bane smirked,

"If any of you come a step closer, I'll kill her!" Threatened Bane, Windu shook his head slightly. I looked at Windu, then at my sister and Obi-Wan. Then with all my might I put my hands together and elbowed him in the groin. Bane toppled over in pain, groaning,

"I've had enough of you for one week Bane," I said as 2 Jedi came and got him up. Windu smiled and I ran over to Violet and Obi-Wan and hugged them tightly.

"Good job Aris," came Windu's voice from over my shoulder, "Now I think we should get you back to Courosant." We all nodded our heads then looked at each other and laughed. We were covered in dirt and our robes had blood and dust all over them. Our faces were covered with bruises and cuts. We hugged again and then Windu handed us our lightsabers which he took from Bane.

"Let's go home!" I said to Obi-Wan and Violet. We walked out of the now deserted auction room onto a ship that was waiting outside. We got on,

"Set course for Courosant," said Windu. The pilot nodded and the ship took off...