Episode 1

16 BBY

I moved further along the field, picking up the wheat as I went,

"Big harvest," I mused to myself, collecting just enough to make some bread for the week. I went into the house and placed the wheat on the table. I went out to the backyard to see Violet sparring with a droid she had made, "Are you winning?" I asked,

She turned and when she did the droid tripped her over and pointed its stick at her throat. Violet powered down the droid and came over, "I was," she sighed, drinking from the well.

"We've got to get ready to go to Naboo," I told her,

"We're not going for another day," she replied, sitting down and starting to eat the stew I made. "Aris?" I hummed in response, "Do you ever miss being a Jedi?"

"We're still Jedi," I reminded her,

"Yeah, barely," she sighed loudly, "Don't you miss being able to use the Force and your lightsaber in public?"

"Yes," I sat down opposite her and began to eat, "Do you?"

"Of course I do, little sister," she said it like I was stupid.

"I miss Kenji," I admitted,

"We should go and visit them after Naboo," Violet said excitedly,

"What about the Empire?" I asked her, "They tried to take control of Mandalore, remember?"

"Aris," Violet sighed, "I want to see our family again,"

I nodded, "So do I. But what if we lead the Empire straight to them? Their need to survive is greater than our want,"

"I'm so bored of D'Qar!" Violet slumped in her chair,

"We'll go to Naboo and see what happened to Mandalore," I told her, "If it's safe, we'll go and see them," Violet jumped up and ran into her room. I shook my head at her silliness.

It had been nearly 11 years since the clones attacked. Neither Violet nor myself were completely over it. I sometimes awoke to her screaming and she sometimes awoke to mine. Neither of us spoke of these instances but we both knew they happened.

It had been a long time since either of us had tried to connect to the Force. We used it sometimes but we hadn't meditated or tried to contact anyone using the Force in a few years.

When we went to Naboo we had heard of a being; a half-man, half machine. He hunted down the remaining Jedi and killed them. People said that wherever he went people feared him, he was the greatest duelist in the galaxy. They called him "Darth Vader". Every time I thought of or mentioned the name I felt fear and strangely enough, recognition...

I continued to pack for our trip to Mandalore because I knew that even if it wasn't safe, we were going. I slipped my lightsaber and my Jedi communication device into the bottom of my bag, just in case and went outside to meet Violet.

Naboo

We strolled through the markets on Naboo, our wheat and corn crops balanced on a hovercraft. Being on Naboo reminded me of Padme. I had visited Padme's grave multiple times, mourning her death and the death of her children.

I started unloading the crops as people began to swarm around the markets, buying and selling. The people there seemed so happy as if their beloved Senator and former queen hadn't died 10 years earlier. It saddened me that they had forgotten her, and it saddened me further to know I could do nothing to help.

"Give me 3 corn," a woman said, bringing me out of my thoughts, "3 corn!"

"Sorry," I said quietly, passing her 3 heads of corn. She passed me 6 Imperial Credits and then left. The cycle continued all day until we had no crops left.