Episode 8

A knock at the door woke me from my sleep, "Aris, we're at Courosant," it was Violet's voice. I groaned, stretching my stiff limbs,

"I'll be there in a second," I told her through the door.

"You better hurry," she told me, "Windu wants to see us," I jumped out of bed and exited the room, Violet was waiting on the other side, "Come on, it seems urgent," We ran out of the Empress and found Windu waiting for us.

"Aris, Violet," he acknowledged us, he gestured for us to follow him and we did so, onto a speeder and all the way back to the Jedi Temple. We walked calmly to a meeting room and then Windu turned around and talked again, "This isn't a mission," he told us, "You don't have to do it if you don't want to," he sighed, beside me, Violet tensed up, "I would like for you both to go back to Mandalore and deliver the news that Violet is still alive to your family," My jaw dropped and beside me, Violet tensed up.

"Master?" I questioned,

"You told your family that she was dead, yes?" Windu asked, I nodded, "We need allies on Mandalore, your family is the best bet, you need to deliver the news," I opened my mouth to speak again, having mixed feelings about going back to Mandalore.

"Yes, Master," came the voice from beside me. I looked up at Violet, she was looking at Windu and wasn't sparing a glance my way.

"I'm afraid you won't be able to use clones or a Republic ship, we don't want the Duchess to know that the Republic is coming onto her planet without permission," Windu sighed,

"Yes, Master," Violet said again,

"Good" Windu nodded, "May the force be with you," he smiled slightly and then left.

"I have a plan," Violet turned immediately to me,

"That's new," I rolled my eyes. I chuckled slightly but Violet looked dead serious, "Go on," I cleared my throat,

"You go first, break the news to them, and then I come in," she explained, "you need to soften them up a bit, get them used to the idea that I'm alive,"

"It's a good plan!" I smiled,

"Don't sound so surprised," Violet laughed slightly, I laughed too and we headed out to find a ship.

- ON A SHIP -

"She works well," Violet sighed,

Violet lied.

It was a terrible ship, but it would get us to Mandalore without being noticed. We paid the owner for a week's worth of usage and then started it. Violet piloted it out of the dock and into the atmosphere, "Hit the hyperdrive," she smiled. I pulled the hyperdrive lever and soon we were cruising through hyperspace, travelling toward our birth planet.

- MANDALORE -

We came out of hyperspace and flew toward the planet, I knew exactly where to land so that our parents wouldn't see us. I smiled at Violet, excited to tell my parents the news.

"See you in a minute," I told her, she nodded. I left the ship and went toward the house, as I got close enough, Mandalorians came out, blasters pointed at me, "It's me," I told them,

"That's why we're here," a female Mandalorian replied, I recognized the voice as Vin. My parents and Kenji came out,

"You've got a lot of nerve coming back here," Father spat,

"I have news, good news," I informed them. Father nodded and two Mandalorian's stood behind me. I was confused, they began walking, bumping me to get me walking. I went with them, into the house. We were in the main room when they all stopped. Father nodded again and two Mandalorian's came and took my lightsabers, "Father?" I questioned, "What's going on?" He didn't remove his helmet, none of them did. Father nodded a third time and the rest of the Mandalorians came toward me.